F o u r t e e n

K a e 

I still can't stop thinking about my date. All weekend that's all that was on my mind and we've been texting non-stop since. He's so different from how I perceived him. The girls did warn me about him but have told me how different he is with me which makes me believe everything he's doing is genuine. 

For the past few nights, Bray and I have messaged none stop. I catch myself smiling at my phone and internally cringe. I'm not one to be so easily won over, especially with his reputation. A side of me really can't help but swoon and fall for his charm though.  

My mum has been on to me to get looking for a job while I'm home which I have been trying to do. I have a waitressing job while I'm at Uni to help me along with the student finance I receive so I've applied for similar roles around here, I'm just waiting to hear back.  

Olivia works at the popular pub chain that's not far from where I live and she said she would put in a good word for me. It has been mentioned that they're doing a pub quiz on Friday and the girls are trying to get everyone to go. All of us girls are down but Cara is trying to talk Alex and a few of the other guys to join us. Since being back I noticed that she's got rather close with Alex and a part of me hates it. That was once me, I was Alex's best friend and the one that introduced him to all the girls in the first place. 

When I was at college, I wasn't close to Olivia, Amelia, or Cara. I stuck to people that I knew from school. Alex hated them, they weren't the nicest of girls and he was I was always pushing me to make some new friends when we got to college. I met Olivia in my English class and we soon became close. We would always sit together and then slowly started having lunch together. Olivia knew Amelia and that's when I was introduced to her. She used to join us for lunch and we became a close trio. Alex would come over often and say hello and sometimes would sit with us with some of his friends too. Amelia then grew close to Cara who was in her Art class and Cara majorly had a fall out with her group so Amelia being the kind-hearted person she is let her join our little trio and we all became close. Don't get me wrong I love all the girls but I've never really seen eye to eye with Cara. Now thinking back, she has always had a slight obsession with Alex, I just never really noticed it.  

2nd year of college.

October  

We're organising where to go for pre-drinks before we head to town tonight. I've offered my place as my mum is on nights and she's not too bothered so long as we don't leave a mess. Alex and Jackson don't know if they'll be coming tonight. Were sat in the canteen at college organising it.  

"come on Alex, Kae even has a free house for us all" Cara smirks at Alex. I frowned at the comment she made but quickly let it go over my head. 

Over the summer Alex and I have been treading on different uncharted territory. There have been lots of flirtatious comments and longing looks. It's never been us, we've always just been best friends, and I've never seen him as anything more until the flirting started. 

It wasn't even awkward we were at his house having pizza one night and we were left alone. Logan was out with his mates and Charlotte had gone over to my house to have a wine night with my mum. 

I was sat winging about yet another dick head of a guy who didn't even bother getting to know me but went straight for the 'nudes?'  

*Blocked*  

"I just hate the male species, they all think with their dicks" I winged to Alex.  

"you don't hate me" he smirked at me.