F o u r

K a e

When I get into bed after chatting to my mum, I decide to message the girls and see what they're all doing over the course of the summer. We haven't seen each other since we all met up at Liv's university for the weekend a few months back. I message the group chat we have.

'Hey girls, I've finally come home for a summer! We deffo need to meet up and have a catch up!'

I get a reply off Cara first and she's home for the summer at the end of next week and agreed that we all need a catch up the minute were all free. Olivia then agrees with Cara and that she has to sort her new house for next year out and then she will be home for the whole summer.

I had a good catch up with the girls and Amelia joined being late to the party. We agreed that a week on Saturday we would all meet up for bottomless brunch and I was really looking forward to it.

I awoke up earlier than I wanted to but knowing my mum she would be rushing me to get out the house to go shopping come half past 9.

I stroll down to the kitchen to get myself a coffee and head back up to get myself ready for our shopping day. I'm hoping we can mend our relationship today, there is still some things we require to elucidate and discuss so we can get back to being as close as we once were.

I decide to make some sort of effort, wearing my mom jeans, a nice top and applying light make up knowing we would end up out for lunch. At 9:40 I have my mum knocking on my door as id just finished applying my mascara.

"Kae honey, you nearly ready to go?"

"yeah mum, won't be a sec" I grab my purse and hand bag and head out of my room.

Once we get to the shopping mall, we head to the décor shop and have a browse of colour schemes and wall paper.

Once we were done in there, we head to some apparel shops for a well needed mother daughter day. I used to love days like these I recollect our first one. The time I had a full makeover at age 13 and never aurally received a peep from the boys but had another one at 15 when I had grown my boobs, they definitely had something to verbalize then.

We head to what used to be our favourite tapas cocktail bar and I'm hoping it still will be. We have a good catch up and clear the air. My mum opens up telling me she can't help but feel superseded by dad and his wife. Which I understand completely, I've not been home to be with her or spent the holidays with her. Ive been on shopping trips with Meridan, had feminine days with her all while my mum sits at home with no one. For the past two years I have been selfish. I have obnubilated away from what I did and hurt my mum in the process.

Things will be different now. I will face my guilt and the first chance I get I will speak to Alex and try and explain. I'm ready to stop being afraid.

***

The rest of the week flew by and it was soon time for my mum to go back to work, she took ten days off to spend with me on my return. We spent the week working on my room and just having quality us time. It was nice.

For the first time in a long time, I feel things will actually be okay. that I will sort this absolute tangled mess out.

It was Thursday and the first day id be on my own while my mum did her 12-hour shift at the hospital. She's a midwife and absolutely loves her job. My new room was pretty much complete aside form a few finishing touches. As I sat on my bed I took in the transformation. Finally, it felt like home. I had two days to kill until it was brunch with the girls and I was so ready to let my hair down a little. We call it brunch but it was more like afternoon tea with unlimited amounts of drinks and tasty food.