Chapter XIV ~ Red Ranger

I'm not good at describing Power Ranger Battle Scenes, so sorry for how long it took.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Still continuing with the Hothead+Glashow vs. LionFire+EagleIce battle ~

"Let's dance," Violet and I beckoned for the Fire-and-Ice-Monster Couple to come closer. 

"You won't be dancing much longer once I burn/freeze your legs right off!" They cackled not-so in sync. They groaned at one another before lunging at me and Violet. We raised our Star Blades to block their arms from pounding down onto us, then pushed against them to move them back. They bumped into each other and ended up bickering for a moment.

"Red, I have a plan to stall them until the rest of the team rallies back together," Violet whispered to me quickly. I nodded, asking for her to continue. "Lead HotHead around to the Western entrance of the park. Meet me at the center of the park where the water fountain is in exactly 2 minutes once we leave. No matter what, do not let his anger or momentum run short. I've got Glashow."

"Got it, Violet!" I pressed my fingers to my helmet and radioed for Mick. "Hey Mick, can you give me a timer for 2 minutes when I say go?"

"Uh, sure Bro- uh, I mean, Red! Just give me the word."

I put my fingers down and turned back to Violet. I nodded, telling her I was ready. She distanced herself from me, drawing Glashow's attention away from me. I directed my focus on Hothead. "Hey burnt bread!" I called out, jogging in place. "Bet you can't beat me in a race for my Power Star. Your big ego will probably weigh you down half-way in the park."

Steam came out of his mouth in fury. "Not when you've got the power of fire to boost speed!" He retaliated, stomping at the ground. 

I smirked. "Still didn't deny your ego." I whipped out my Ninja Cycle Star and flicked it out about  5 feet away from me. I moved to face backwards to the Ninja Cycle then flipped backwards onto the seat. My hands flew onto the handles and I revved the Cycle up. 

Violet activated her sword to form a stream of ice in front of her. She then did something with her shoes to attach ice-skate-blades onto the bottom of them, before skating off to the other side of the park. That was my cue to leave.

"Mick, start the timer now!" I said as I speeded away. A part of me wanted to go crazy fast, just to ensure I get to fountain in time, but another part of me really wanted to annoy the heck out of Hothead. The latter won. "Catch me if you can, fire-fart!"

After a flaming battle cry resulting in a half-burnt tree, I zipped around the corner to the West Gates of Summer Cove Park, HotHead not too far behind me. I swerved around the trees and light posts, slowing down every now and then without HotHead noticing to allow him to catch up. (blah)

"How much time do I have left?" I asked Mick through the hearing piece in my helmet.

"Eh uhhhh, nooooooowwwwww... 60 seconds and counting!"

"Got it!" I did a one-wheeled u-ey on my Ninja Cycle, launching in the other direction right past the fire monster. "Change your name to VacuumHead because at your speed, you'll be eating my dust!"

I looked over my shoulder for a second to see Fire-fart stomp his foot into the ground childishly, groaning loudly in exasperation. He paced quickly in place before taking off behind me. I leaned side-to-side, maneuvering around trees, beeping at citizens politely to move out of the way, and sharply turned as Victor Vincent nearly "moonwalked" into me - or whatever he was trying to do.