Chapter III ~ The Yellow Ranger

Hey Wattpadians!

Sorry I've been M.I.A. for a little. I've been busy and had a huge case of writer's block, so this chapter's probably going to be a little (read a lot) crappy.

So... BYE!!!

~Vocalist_Joi_13/7 says PAALAM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry guys, not feeling well"

"Heading back to my house"

"Please do not ask why"

First instinct; ask why.

I exchanged a confused glance with Hayley after we both read the texts, which soon morphed into a concerned one. The five of us were in the base at school, where Mick and RedBot were busy inspecting all the new ninja steel we returned with, from that purple ranger. They were still dubious as to how we found so much in so little time. But we kinda got distracted by Brody's texts.

Hayley and I looked across to the rest of the group. Sarah and Preston had matching looks of concern and we immediately started to blow up the NinjaChat with questions towards Brody, either words or emojis or punctuation.

While the four of us texted at rapid speed, I managed to spot that Levi only sent one. The other three didn't give a visible second thought to the cowboy, who left our text circle to join Mick and RedBot at the computer station of our base. I looked up, pausing my streak, to check the others for their reaction. Aside from Sarah and Preston, who seemed pretty concerned in only Brody (no offense Brody), Hayley was the only other person who looked up from her phone and took time to stomach this. I started into her eyes as she started into mine. Those beautiful hazel eyes were sprinkled with worry and confusion, mostly concern though. And like they say, "The eyes are the windows if the soul."

After about five minutes of spamming on the group chat, Mick walked up to us and cleared his throat. "Ahem! Um, hey guys!" He hesitated. "You guys going to look up yet? We, um, still have a few questions for you five, RedBot and I?"

We all sighed and put away our phones, then walked over to the computers. I managed to sneak a quick look at Levi. He had a blank, unreadable face and didn't seem to wanna explain his text towards his brother to us. I didn't want to be a pushy friend so I decided not to press into that and focus on the problems at hand. But what does he mean by "Feel better"? What's the cowboy superstar hiding from us?

"So I'd first like to ask you all," Mick said, interrupting my train of thought, "where is Brody?"

"He didn't get captured by Galvanax, right?" RedBot asked worriedly.

"No, no," Preston assured them. "He just went straight home to rest after our 'battle'."

The mechanic seemed suspicious of this but decided to let it go and move on. "And two, where did you guys get all this ninja steel? Last I remember, you guys were captured and  stripped of your power stars to prevent you from morphing."

We all looked at each other, unsure of who should tell our fellow teammates about our source. Sarah seemed the most confident out of all of us - like usual - so she stepped up. "Um, well you see," Sarah struggles yo find the right words. "There has been a minor setback. We received the ninja steel when we ran - well, she literally dropped in the showdown between Brody and Galvanax - into a purple rangerette..."

"And she's the one who stopped the Nexus Prism from rotting," Preston finished, biting his lip.

"Suffering circuts!" The robot exclaimed. "A purple power ranger?"