Chapter XI ~The Purple Ranger

First off, I may be rather new to the rest of the human race but I am fully aware when someone is onto me or not about a secret I possess. Secondly, I was quite intrigued when realizing that none of these humans - let alone the other Power Rangers - came to the conclusion that I was the Purple Ranger-ette. But I guess they must have other things to worry about; for example, the winter musicale. 

The black metallic stylus-pen bobbed between my middle and pointer fingers as I sat in my desk, only half-listening to the head of the Summer Cove Brainiacs, Ophelia Athena. She banged her rosewood gavel on the matching sound block, a wave of silence washing over the rest of us Brainiacs. She placed the gavel to her right before placing her hands in a folded position in front of her on the teacher's desk. "I hereby call this meeting of the Summer Cove Brainiacs to order. Before we read the minutes of yesterday's meeting, I'd like to introduce our newest members. Now I know that last year, I was a bit opposed to newbies so early in the year, but these particular few just happened to catch my eyes.

"First, we have Cassidy White, ." A girl with long, straight, platinum blonde hair, Harry Potter-style rose-gold fake glasses, and ocean blue eyes stood up from the desk to my right. She wore a casual, white, loose business shirt with a pair of white-faded-blue ripped-jeans. She gave a small polite wrist-wave before sitting back down. I recognized the rather fashionable junior from my English Lit class.

"Next, we have Keagan Jones." The boy to my left stood up while fixing his crisp white-tint-pink t-shirt collar. He had charleston hot chile skin, curly locks of black hair, and dark hazel eyes. He did a curt hand twirl in front of his chest as he bowed then rested back in his seat, fixing his pastel blue-framed glasses. I remembered him from my Calculus classes.

"Then, we have Eleanora Jenice, a bit of an exotic name, I must admit." I smoothed my simple black blouse as I arose from my desk. A brief smile appeared on my face, my fingers twirling my pen as I waved with the same hand. As I sat down once again, the smile washed off as soon as it appeared. I was here to fit in with those of the same intelligence, but I shan't grow closer than peers to them. Besides, then I'd be required to come up with excuses. Although I was more than 65% sure that emergency meetings would suffice every now and then, since that was the justification I presented to the staff of this school.

"And last, but not least, my little cousin, Perseus Athena." I craned my neck to face the student who was seated two seats down my right. His eyes were sea green like his cousin's and sandy-colored hair. His attire was made up entirely of the color black, casual, laid-back, average teenager clothes. However, I learned not to judge a book by its cover, though, I never remembered him from any of my classes. I guess he just never caught my eye aside from that moment. 

Once he sat down, he locked eyes with mine. He winked at me, resulting in an eyebrow raise and a look-away from me. Was this really what teenage boys were? I didn't expect them to attempt to flirt with girls and/or boys when they first meet.  

Throughout the meeting, I continued making notes related to rearranging my schedule in my black as ebony spiral notebook, making room for the possibility of the four of us meeting up on Saturday. It was likely since I heard Mlle Athena suggest that to the Mlle White, and Saturday seemed like a day any human teenager would interact with other of their animal race.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the meeting was over, we were dismissed to head home. I was standing at my desk, packing and rearranging the contents inside my backpack, when a shadow of a human casted over me. I looked up to find that Mssr Athena was smirking down at me.