Chapter I ~ Purple Ranger

My black ballpoint pen/stylus was twirling between my gloved-fingers as I stared down at this Earth algebraic problems. According to my robot companions, I was pretty advanced for my age. A fifteen-year-old who could do Calculas? Honestly, I just didn't care as long as I keep my score high.

A soft rhythemic knock was heard from behind me. "Come in," I called out, flipping over my holo-graphic sheet to complete the back.

The electronic door slid open and a heard the familiar thumps of one of my robot 'servants' walk in. "Good afternoon, Miss Jenice!" A cheerful voice greeted me.

I turning around in my swivel chair. Before me stood my closest robotic acquaintance that I built, NyxBot. Made with Earth steel painted in a dark purple coat and programmed with technology that I've heard was ahead of its time, just like this entire ship. My parents were the best, claimed every holo-news article in my library.

"Good afternoon, NyxBot," I returned the greeting. "To what do I owe this unexpected visit?"

"Just wanted to see how you're doing with your studies," she responded.

I nodded. "I'm doing quite well, my grades are still a little above average."

"Great! At this rate, you'll be as smart as your parents in no time. At least that's what I've heard; I'm the only bot not created by them on this ship. Which proves your intelligence."

"I won't be as smart as my parents," I confirmed, putting away my holo-books. "When I go back to Earth, I'm still gonna continue our trading system throughout the galaxies."

"You don't want to do something more social? What about school?"

I hesitated. "I haven't made my decision yet," I replied, pushing up my glasses. "School has its pros and cons. And for the 'something bigger' thing, my parents told me how to start off small than work my way to the top. I could be as smart as them, but school smarts doesn't seem like my strong suit."

"Whatever you say! I speak for your parents; we will encourage you to follow your passion!" NyxBot raised her hands enthusiasticly.

I raised an eyebrow. "I think my parents accidentally programmed the other bots to be a little too sappy," I started heading out the door. "I did copy their program when I built you and RedBot."

The clank-clank noises of NyxBot followed me. "Where are you going?" She asked.

"Just gonna wander around the ship-"

A silver-colored bot rushed up to me, cutting me off. "Miss Jenice! CalcBot says it's time," he announced.

My lips turned into a grim line. "How much time until the Nexus prism's vision might come true?"

"Approximately ten minutes.

I nodded. "TinBot, initiate the protocol, and bring NyxBot with you to get ready for me to leave the ship with the Ninja Steel," I ordered, marching quickly to the control deck.

"On it, Miss Jenice!" He exclaimed.

Turning back forward, I rushed down the hallway and burst in through the door to find myself in the spaceship's control deck. Sleek white interior and holo-screens right by the colossal window stretching across the front. There was a large slightly elevated circle in the middle of the deck, where the head bot/captain was standing as she stirred the ship across the galaxy. She looked similar to NyxBot, only more advanced and was royal blue instead of purple.

"CapBot!" I said, walking up behind her.

She turned her head. "Yes, Miss Jenice?" She said.

"CalcBot claims we have a little less than ten minutes until the Nexus Prism's vision will happen," I informed.