Chapter IX~ The Purple Ranger

To be honest, I was quite startled to see Brody was standing behind me. I didn't expect him to be at a Broadway-slash-musical-themed cafe, but nobody would've suspected I, either, would be at this location to relax due to my appearance at the high school.

My eyes wandered to his dark chocolate eyes as he stared into mine. They seemed to sparkle in the light, complimenting his usual bright personality from when we were younger, more innocent and ignorant of our coming future. My thoughts turned to our family rivalry, and I quickly, and painfully, broke the silence between us.

"What brings you here?" I asked, waving my hand to the seat across from me, signaling to him that he has permission to sit.

He placed his drink and paper bag to the side of the table and sat down. "Came here to chill out for a bit. You?"

"Same reason," I answered before taking a sip of my tea.

He smiled shyly as he took a glance at my outfit. "You changed from earlier," he thought aloud.

Indeed, he was correct. When I was out in public, I wore a simple business attire. Though, when I'm simply taking a quick break here, I figured I'd just wear what I truly feel like wearing. Do not get me wrong; I enjoy wearing such clothes that show my intelligence. But there's just something about this place that allows that barrier to fall momentarily.

 But there's just something about this place that allows that barrier to fall momentarily

"No way!" Brody exclaimed, staring at my sweatshirt. "You like 'The Greastest Showman'?"

I rose an eyebrow. "Yes, is that a problem?"

He shook his head as he unzipped his grey sweater to reveal his red t-shirt.

I cracked the slightest smile. "I did not peg you as a type of person to enjoy such musical theatrics, Brody Romeo Trent Romero," I teased, my pointer finger tracing the brim of my cup.

The boy in front of me smirked as he zipped his sweater back up. "I could say the same about you," he placed an elbow on the table with his chin on his palm, "Eleanora Juliet Athena Jenice."

"What is your favorite song from the movie?" I asked.

"Same time," he declared. "1 galaxy..."

"... 2 galaxies..."