Part 10

The sun rays peeking through the blinds made your eyes flutter open. You turned to your right & saw that Taehyung was still sleeping.
You lifted his arm gently away from your body, so that you wouldn't wake him up, but he dropped it back to its original position.
"Just stay like this for a few more minutes." He muttered sleepily without opening his eyes.
"You're awake."
"Yeah, I couldn't sleep." He stifled a yawn as he lazily opened his eyes.
"Really? Why?" You, on the other hand, had the most peaceful sleep ever.
"Because my arm felt numb." He flinched, eyes darting to the arm you were lying on.
"Omg! I'm so sorr-" You instantly sat up in panic, but he pulled you down into his embrace again.
"I'm kidding. Last night was the best sleep I'd had in a long time. Thanks to you." He smiled & bopped your nose.
How on earth does he manage to look so good as soon as he wakes up?
Butterflies flew in your stomach. Even his most innocent gaze had that effect on you now.
"I-I need to get ready for school now, or else I'm going to be late." You abruptly got up & ran out of his room to hide your blushing cheeks.
You leaned on your bedroom door & let out a long breath, heart pounding loudly inside your chest.
Your mind wandered back to last night. The warmth of his body enveloping you, the tickle of his breath on your neck, the feel of his hard muscles against your soft ones. A knot formed in your core. You had never wanted to touch someone so much in your life, but you knew you had to control yourself for everyone's sake.
You shook your head to get rid of your lust & quickly got ready for school. When you stepped out of your room, he was already waiting for you in the living room.
"Do you want to go together?" He asked.
"But- What if people see us?" You'd never gone out with him before, scared of people questioning your relationship.
"We'll just walk together to the bus stop. Come on." He offered his hand to you.
You hesitated a moment.
No one knows us around here, so it should be fine.
"Let's go." You finally agreed & took his hand with a smile.
You walked hand in hand to the bus stop. Holding his hand out in the open like this felt dangerous, but electrifying at the same time. You couldn't wait until the day that you could do this all the time without worrying about other people's judgement.
"That's my bus. I'll see you later at school." He said as he ruffled your hair.
"Huh? At school?" You stared at him in confusion.
"It's Thursday. We have art club, remember?" His melodious chuckle filled your ears.
"Ahhh. Yes of course. I totally forgot that today is Thursday. Ok then, I'll see you later." You waved at him.
He began to step away & you had this irresistible urge to hold onto him.
"Ssaem!" You called out as you ran to him.
He turned around readily & you pecked him lightly on the cheek.
"Have a nice day." You smiled shyly & lowered your head.
Stunned by your sudden brazen move, his mouth gaped open & his hand grazed the cheek you kissed.
"Young man, are you going on the bus or not?" The bus driver ajusshi called out to him.
"Ah yes. Sorry." Taehyung immediately got on the bus. He smiled & mouthed 'I love you' before the door closed.
The morning cold breeze blew on your face, but all you felt was warmth. However, you couldn't help but fear that all of this was just a temporary sweet dream & you'd be thrown right back into a nightmare.
No, don't think that way. No one can take this happiness away from us.

-•-

The class had ended. It was time for the art club meeting. You smiled to yourself, anticipating to see Taehyung in the room, but it was still empty when you got there.
A call came in to your phone as you put down your bag on one of the stools.
"Eomma?" You looked at the caller ID in bewilderment. She had never contacted you once ever since you moved out of the house months ago. Why now?
"Hello?" You cautiously answered the call.
"Y/n ah, where are you? Can you please come back home?" Your mom was sobbing hysterically into the phone.
"I'm at school. Why do you want me back now? You didn't even look for me. I thought you'd forgotten that you have a daughter."
"That was because your stepdad said that you were doing fine living at your friend's house! He said that I should give you some space. I'm sorry Y/n ah. Please come home, I really need you now." She pleaded.
"No eomma, you don't need me. All you need is that scumbag husband of yours. I'm not going home if he's still-"
"He's gone! Your stepdad is gone!" She shouted.
"Stop being so dramatic. He's probably drunk & sleeping in the police station." You scoffed.
"No! I called the police station & he wasn't there. I asked his friends & they said he left early from work yesterday due to family matter. I haven't been able to reach him since yesterday afternoon. Something bad must have happened to him." Her voice trembled in fear.
"He probably ran away with some barmaid. Well, good riddance."
"Song Y/n! No matter what he's your stepdad! He's someone I love! Would you want people to laugh at you when you're worried about your loved one's safety?" Her words slapped you hard.
"Then maybe eomma, you should stop loving him. I need to go now." You ended the call abruptly.
That scumbag must have spent the night with another woman. She's wasting her tears.
Suddenly, the image of blood splattered on Taehyung's shirt last night came to your mind.
That's impossible. He won't do that. Or will he?
The sound of door opening made you look up. Yoojung & a few other girls walked into the room.
"Oh, Yoojung ah, annyeong." You greeted her but she didn't reply.
What's wrong with her? Btw, where's Kim sonsaeng?
The door opened again. This time it was your home teacher.
"Song Y/n, can you please come with me? The principal wants to see you." Your teacher said.
"Me? Why?" You asked in confusion.
"Just come with me." He replied sternly.
You grabbed your bag & followed him. The last thing you saw before you left the room was the guilty look on Yoojung's face.