Part 11

"Park sonsaeng, may I know why the principal wants to see me?" You anxiously asked your home teacher.
"You'll know soon." He answered sternly without looking at you.
You followed quietly behind him, your mind wandering in a chaos. However, as soon as Park sonsaeng opened the door, you knew what the problem was & it chilled you to the bones.
Taehyung was sitting right in front of the principal's desk with his head lowered & a deep frown in between his brows. He didn't even lift his head when you walked in.
"Song Y/n, please sit down." The principal instructed, his voice monotonous like calm before the storm.
Without saying a word, you obeyed his command. Cold sweat drenched your palms. Your eyes kept darting to Taehyung, but he didn't even glance at you. All he did was looking intently at a point on the principal's desk.
"Let's cut to the chase. Someone reported to us that you & Kim sonsaeng have been engaging in an inappropriate relationship, so I need to talk to both of you. Please be completely honest because this is a very serious matter & the police will get involved if need be." The principal clasped his hands & said.
"I- I don't understand. W-What kind of inappropriate relationship, Sir?" You cautiously asked.
"Well.. Something that a student & her teacher should never do. Would you like to tell us what's going on between the two of you?"
You stole a glance at Taehyung, but he was frozen like a statue.
"T-There's nothing going on between us, Sir." The second the lie escaped your lips, you knew you were ruined.
"Oh really? Then, can you explain what is happening in these pictures?" The principal took out his phone & laid it on the desk right in front of you.
You gasped in shock as you saw the photo of you kissing Taehyung's cheek at the bus stop this morning.
"There's more." The principal signaled you to take the phone.
With trembling hands, you scrolled to the left & there were dozens of pictures of you & Taehyung entering & exiting his apartment building. Also, there was a video of you walking hand in hand with Taehyung to the bus stop earlier.
"Kim sonsaeng, can you explain your relationship with Song Y/n?" The principal turned to Taehyung.
"S-Sir, it has nothing to do with him. This is completely my fault. I-I had a fight with my mother & ran away from home. He was just helping me by giving me shelter-" You frantically explained.
"So you admit that you've been living at Kim sonsaeng's apartment all this time?" The principal raised his brow.
Fuck.
"No- I-I mean.." You struggled to form a reply.
"It was my fault. I took advantage of her situation & offered her to stay at my place because I'd liked her ever since I laid eyes on her. She's just a kid, so she doesn't know my true intention. She's mistaken her gratitude towards me for love & I let her. So if anyone is to blame, it's me Sir." Taehyung suddenly opened his mouth & said.
"That's not-" You gaped in shock at Taehyung's confession.
"Kim sonsaeng, do you realize the consequences of your statement? Not only will we have to terminate your employment, but you may also face some legal issues if Song Y/n's student's parents decide to sue." The principal's frown deepened.
"What? No! He's done nothing wrong! I-" You panicked at the possibility of losing Taehyung.
"I'm ready to take responsibility for my action Sir. I apologize for causing problems." Taehyung cut you off as he abruptly stood up & bowed at the principal.
"Huh.. In that case, you are relieved from your position as a teacher in this school effective immediately. I will call Song Y/n's parents & tell them about this incident. Then, it's up to them if they want to take this to the legal path. Please wait outside for now."
"Sir, that's not necessary. My mom won't even care! I'll move out right away, please let it slide just this once. Please!" You pleaded, tears threatening to fall from your eyes.
"I can't do that. I have to follow the procedure. Park sonsaeng, please take her to the detention room & wait there." The principal commanded.
You tried to search for Taehyung's eyes as you were dragged away by your home teacher, but he didn't even lift his face.
Is he regretting what we've done?
All you wanted was for him to give you a reassuring smile, telling you that everything would be alright, that you would overcome this together. Fear & disappointment filled your heart, but there was nothing you could do. The one thing that you didn't want to happen had happened.
You nervously chewed your nails while waiting in the detention room. You prayed that your mom was too busy looking for your stepdad that she wouldn't even care about you, like she usually did.
After what felt like hours, Park sonsaeng opened the door & walked in.
"Your mother is here. Let's go."
Your heart sank to the bottom hearing his announcement. The one time that you wished your mom wouldn't have cared, she actually defied all odds & started caring.
"How dare you seduce my daughter?!" Her scream could be heard from outside of the principal room.
You rapidly moved past Park sonsaeng & pushed open the door, right on time to see your mom's palm landing on Taehyung's cheek.
"Eomma! Stop!" Arms opened, you wedged yourself in between your mom & Taehyung.
"You! Have you been staying with this pedophile all this time?! You little whore-" Your mom lifted her hand again, ready to slap you.
You closed your eyes anticipating the blow, but none came. When you opened your eyes, you saw Taehyung holding your mom's wrist, stopping her from hitting you.
"Please stop Ma'am. She's done nothing that she needs to be ashamed of, so please don't call your own daughter a whore. It was me who take advantage of her. I'm sorry." Taehyung said as he released his grip & bowed at her.
"Why you- How dare you?! Sir, I would like to report this incident to the police. A predator like him needs to be taught a lesson." Your mom furiously said to the principal.
"Eomma! Please don't do this. He was only helping me! I swear to God, we didn't do anything indecent! Please!" You got on your knees & begged, tears flooding your flushed face.
"Y/n ah, get up. You don't need to do this. I'll be fine." That was the first time Taehyung addressed you today, but even his gentle voice couldn't calm you down this time.
"Well, if that's what you want, I should follow your decision. Kim sonsaeng, please wait here until the police come. Ma'am, meanwhile can you please keep an eye on your daughter? We'll contact you if the police needs anything from both of you." The principal said.
"No! Please don't! He's done nothing wrong!" You were a completely crying mess now. Your heart broke even more as you saw his expressionless face. His eyes were as empty as a black hole & you were willing to do anything to ignite the warm flicker in them again.
"Ok, I'll do that. You go home with me now! I need to teach you a lesson." Your mom dragged you out of the room mercilessly despite your protest.
"Eomma, let go of me! Let go of me now!" You screamed.
"If you don't stop, I'll make sure you won't be able to leave your room ever again." She hissed at you. Her chilly tone & the menacing look in her eyes shut you up instantly. You'd never seen her so angry before & that scared you.
Students who were still in school at that time came out of the rooms to see the commotion. Your eyes met Yoojung's by chance. She quickly averted her gaze & rushed back into the room.
She must have something to do with this.
As you walked out of the school ground, you saw a police car stopping right in front.
"What are you doing? Let's go!" Your mom barked at you, but you wouldn't budge.
A few meters away, Taehyung was walking towards the car, escorted by Park Sonsaeng & the principal. His head was lowered & a mask covered half of his face.
You watched in silence as they pushed Taehyung into the car, although your feet were itching to run to him.
"Come on, let's go!" Your mom pulled you towards the opposite direction.
You turned around one last time. The car had departed, taking your heart away from you.
I'll wait for you. Please don't give up.
You bit your lip to stifle the sob that was about to escape & turned back around.