Part 8

It had been a couple of weeks since you moved out.
You'd been staying at a rundown motel in a shady part of town because that was all you could afford with the salary you got from working illegally as a bar waitress at night.
You had thought of asking for help from Taehyung, but he was very cold to you recently so you didn't have the guts to ask him.
"Ya, 알바생 (albasaeng/part-timer)! Please deliver this to table 5." The bartender shouted at you.
"Ah, ne (ok)!" You put down the cloth you were using to wipe the table & pulled at the hem of your skirt to make it longer. The uniform they gave you was way too short so you often felt self-conscious wearing it.
"Excuse me, this is your order." You placed the glass on the table & left without looking at the guest.
Suddenly, a hand snatched your wrist & stopped you. You were used to such guests, so all you did was sigh.
"Could you please let go of my han-" The words got caught in your throat when you saw whose hand it was.
"Have you been living like this all this while?" Taehyung stared at you with a stern expression.
"K-Kim sonsaeng.." You stuttered & tried to escape from his grip.

-•-

Flashback, Taehyung POV
I missed her.
I missed her smile, her eyes, her smell. Everything.
I would do anything for her & I really meant anything.
But I couldn't approach her because I was scared.
Scared that I had become too obsessed with her.
And it would look bad for her because she was still underage & I was her teacher.
The only think I could do was glance at her from afar, wishing that I could be closer.
"Ssaem, what about this lavender color? Do you think it suits the green background?" Yoojung nudged me & asked.
"Uhm yeah, I think it looks good." I answered mindlessly while still darting my vision towards Y/n.
"You're not even paying attention." Yoojung whined.
"Haha sorry. But it truly does look good." I bent down & try to focus on her painting.
"Ssaem, do you want to know a secret?" She whispered.
"Well.. I-" Honestly, I couldn't care less about her secret.
"It's about Y/n." My head perk up upon hearing that name.
"What secret?" I asked.
"I was going to have dinner with my family the other day when we passed a shadier area of town & I saw Y/n handing out flyers in front of a bar, wearing a skimpy outfit. I think she worked there illegally. She'll definitely get in trouble if the school finds out. She's always been a weird girl, why can't she find a part-time job at McDonald's or something? Maybe the pay is higher at the bar? But it looks like one of those bars with dubious customers, you know what I mean."
I stayed silent & let her ramble. My mind was in a mess. Why is she working at such place? What's happened?
"Yoojung ah, have you told anyone else about this?" I held both her shoulders in my hands & asked.
"N-No. Y-You know, I don't want her to get in trouble because of me.." She seemed flustered by my sudden move.
"Ok. That's good. Can you please tell me the name of the bar or where it is located?"
"Uhm.. I think the name is Jang something pocha (bar). Ssaem, are you going to expose her?" She stared at me wide-eyed.
"I don't know. We'll see. Thanks for telling me that though." I smiled at her & patted her head.
"N-No problem ssaem." She bit her lip, cheeks blushing.
I need to get to the bottom of this.

My heart dropped when I saw her wiping the table wearing an extremely short black sequin skirt & a black tank top from the window of the bar. I walked in & picked a seat but she didn't realized that I was there.
Is that really her?
I thought to myself as I observed her thick make up, possibly to hide her real age, & revealing clothes. Gone was the pure & innocent Y/n I adored & I hated it. I wanted to wipe the makeup off her face,  cover her up with a blanket, & carry her out of this disgusting place.
My blood boiled as I saw a customer slap her butt & laugh. To my disappointment, she didn't fight back. All she did was glare at him & walk hurriedly away.
Where's the feisty Y/n I know?

-•-

Present, Y/n POV
"K-Kim sonsaeng.." You stuttered & tried to escape from his grip.
"Follow me." He pulled you towards the exit despite your protest.
"Ya, 알바생! You won't get paid if you leave now!" The manager of the bar yelled at you.
Hearing that, you pushed Taehyung as hard as you could & turned back around.
"Song Y/n! Are you out of your mind?! You can't work here!" Taehyung exclaimed.
"No, I'm not out of my mind. I'm out of money. So unless you're willing to pay for my bills & be responsible for my life, stop getting in my way." You hissed at him & went back inside.
You continued wiping tables & delivering drinks for the rest of the night. Disappointment filled your heart as you saw that Taehyung didn't come back.
Why would he care? I'm no one to him.
You got off work & walked out of the bar well past midnight.
Huh.. Why is life so hard? You sighed as you stared at the dark cloudy sky.
"Song Y/n!" That familiar voice made you turn around in an instant.
"What are you still doing here?" You asked as you saw Taehyung dashing towards you.
"Quit your job. You can't work there. What if the school finds out? You'll get expelled!"
"Are you here to lecture me? I told you, if you can't help me, go awa-"
"Fine!" He shouted in frustration as he pushed his hair back.
"Alright. Good night & please don't come to bother me again." You began to step away.
But he snatched your wrist & spun you back around directly into his embrace.
"No, I meant.. Fine, I'll help you. I'll be your sugar daddy, that's what you want, right?" He said as his eyes stared deeply right into your soul.