4.11

"Bring Down The Hoe"

Throughout lunch, even as the worst was discussed, Halle felt her eyes drift up to her left — at Emily

Throughout lunch, even as the worst was discussed, Halle felt her eyes drift up to her left — at Emily. Their kiss stayed fresh in her mind, bruised to her lips. The several kisses that followed solidified this wasn't just like it had been with Andrew Campbell. This had been Emily. Emily Fields. Halle's best friend, and it felt right — and good — to be kissing her. Halle wanted to do it again. Over and over and over again. Yet, the time hadn't fell into her lap like it did last night.

The A-drama took prescient.

Just like it had done last night when Emily called her up not ten minutes after they said goodbye in the dip of Bridgewater Terrace. The six holes drilled up into the floor from the crawl space under the DiLaurentis house were more important — more dire to their lives conjoined.

"Do you actually think she's been living in that crawl space?" checked Aria; their immediate thought as a group directed straight to CeCe Drake's disappearance.

"Aria, there was a sleeping bag," stated Emily, her fork firmly in a piece of her penne-pasta she played with now and again but never ate.

"Yeah, but napping isn't living," Aria reasoned.

"Unless you're a reptile, which kind of describes CeCe," remarked Spencer.

"At least the CeCe that Mrs DiLaurentis remembers," Halle pointed out. Beside her were a pile of leaflets for tonight's Country Western Dance that the school council were putting on. "Sounds likes she hisses, too."

"But it's not just Mrs D," said Aria. "Even Shana's scared of this girl."

"Yeah, well I'm scared of Shana," countered Emily with a glare.

"Right, but she's not the one who used Jenna's head as batting practice at your birthday party," Aria made sure to cement.

"Yeah, but do you really think CeCe is going after Jenna for the fire?" Spencer asked them.

"She would if the fire wasn't in CeCe's plan," Halle said reasonably. "We don't know what was supposed to happen, just that it was a trap."

"We assumed it was the fire," Spencer quietly said, dwindling from that thought.

Halle's brows quirked up as she added, "Yeah, Jenna started taking punishments for it."

"So, what was CeCe planning?" Emily asked fearfully.

"Better yet, why would she go after any of us?" posed Aria seriously. "I mean, we had nothing to do with her getting kicked out of college—"

Cutting in, Halle said, "We have no idea what Alison could've told her, our version of events may not be what Alison told CeCe."