Take your pain with Cocaine

I was driving while singing the lyrics from the song on the radio I turned left and speeded up a little more it was late in the afternoon and I decided to have lunch with Kaley I slowly parked in front of her college and turned off the car looking around me.

I was bouncing to the music and waited for Kaley to walk out of the building I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my notifications.

'Hey baby x'

A random message from an old classmate I shook my head with a grin and texted her back damn she became pretty I remember when she used to be the geek type I heard a loud knock on the car window I quickly looked up seeing her head smiling.

I unlocked the door as she opened the door and got in "Finally! Hey" I looked at her outfit "You went to school like that?" I started the car "Like what" "Your shorts stupid" "Oh please how old you think I am, 14?" she rolled with her eyes "oh whoa 2 years older than 14 what a difference" I said sarcastic hearing her sigh.

"Where we going to lunch?" "La place and after I will bring you to your friends' party, I got some business to handle anyways..." "Really I can go?" she yelled "Yeah I've been thinking but don't come home late!" I said a bit annoyed seeing her type on her phone right away.

"Till when are you staying?" I stole a tomato off her plate and did it in my mouth "Till the Christmas break, so a couple of weeks left" she smiled as I nodded "That's cool, your mom fine with that?" I continue eating looking at her. "Of course you are family stupid" she shook her head.

"Getting an attitude huh?" I tried slapping her cheek lightly seeing her sticking out her tongue because I missed "I won't stay little forever" "Yeah, yeah before you know I need to haunt your exes" she started laughing and grabbed her phone and so did I, I wonder if I should continue doing what I was planning later...

"Hey, I want you to be home at 11 alright?" I looked up from my phone seeing her look up too "Alright, that's fine" "I don't want to have a fight with your parents" "Yeah cool I understand" "Alright finish your food then I will drive you home to get ready and stuff" she nodded and put her phone away continue eating.

-

"Where are you going actually?" She asked before she closed the car door "None of your business" I smiled and louder up the radio "Ugh" she closed the car door and walked inside the house, I drove off again thinking about what I would say...

I locked my car and walked to the front door of the apartment ringing the bell I hope she is home the door got opened slowly seeing Melissa looking surprised "Jerome?" I nodded feeling her hug me tight she looked up at me seeing her eyes getting a little watery "Come in..." I nodded and closed the front door behind us following her to the living room "What made you come here? Not that I am not happy to see you but –"I did my hands inside my pockets and stood behind the couch as I watched her sit down on it I held up my shoulders, why was I here?

"I just wanted to apologize I guess" "I should..." she looked down and played with her fingers "I shouldn't have hit and pushed you" "I deserved it I guess, sorry for acting so cold" I removed my snapback and scratched my head and put it back on "It's okay"

"No, it's not," I said as I sat down next to her "I just really shouldn't have done that. For real, it was wrong of me." I looked at her and she looked back at me and then quickly looked down.

"it's fine ... I mean I even thought about it and you know, maybe we could do it." She said a bit shy "wait what? Why?" I got confused, why would she suddenly want to? "I mean you're my best friend... I don't trust anyone else."

I laughed a little and then shook my head "Nah Melis, it's all good. I mean first time you said no and I did a little thinking too; I'm glad we didn't after all because I'm not the guy that I used to be." I shrugged and looked away "How come? and I thought you really wanted to." I held her hand and tried to smile a little looking at her.