09 | Cutie Patootie

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮
⭒❃.✮:▹ Dreamer ◃:✮.❃⭒

Chapter 09 - One shot
╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

'𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 day...another dollar.'

You snort at the thought. "Ha, wish it was like that. Can barely get a damn penny when dealing in this type of life."

The sound of your footsteps echoes around the stairwell as you slowly make your way up the stairs of the apartment building you lived in.

You struggled to pick your feet up, each one weighing a ton as your dull bloodshot eyes struggled to stay open with only the promise of a nap urging you on.

The thought of having to do another twelve-hour shift at the dinner tomorrow nearly made you want to fall to the ground and weep.

'I should've just kept my ass in America. At least I wouldn't be struggling as much as I am right now.'

"Why the hell there isn't an elevator up in this bitch?!" You nearly scream out in anger only for the reply to be an echo that softens every passing second.

Head shaking in exhaustion, you continue on your trek to the fifth floor.

A breath of relief escapes you when catching sight of the poster labeled with a rusty number five. The creaky groans of the un-oiled door fill your ears as you push it open with a heave.

'Wait a minute...' You still your breathing in anticipation for the high squeaks only to hear silence. '...no rats chasing me this time?'

"Well okay then!" With a pep in your step, you continue on your merry way with a happy smile.

It was until you reached your designated door when it fell. You stop your movements, apartment keys dangling halfway out of your apron as you analyze the pink slip before you.

"What?"

Ripping the paper off the door, you frantically look at big bolded letters with dread.

"Nononono! An eviction! Where the hell was this a month ago?! How the hell did I even get one in the first place?!"

Your eyes widen, quickly getting ahold of the keys, you unlock the door and step inside.

The door slams shut as you zoom into your room and throw the paper on the bed. Narrowed eyes glare at it as you began to pace along the carpeted floor in anxious movements.

"And eviction...think ____, think! There must be a reason for this to happen. I put my payment into the pile, so it should've been paid..."

After minutes of trying to find a solution, you finally fall into the squeaky bed in defeat. "Goddammit!"

Tears filled your eyes as you looked at the cursed sheet in sadness. "And I only have two days to move out no less...momma was right. I was getting too ahead of myself. Now look at me: A big ass failure."

'No, don't think like that! If anything you're proving to be more than that. So what if there's not a big house to your name? Or you not being able to experience and indulge in the luxurious life?'