Chapter twenty-seven

Elena's POV
I open my eyes to the bright light sneaking into the blinds. "Shit." I rub my eyes, looking at the beautiful brunette laying next to me. He was completely shirtless, the blanket resting on his lower back. "Shit, shit, shit." I grab one of the blanket and wrap myself around it, standing up and looking for my clothes.

"What're you doing?" I look over to the bed to find Stefan now laying on his back. "I-" I begin looking for my clothes. "I can't find my clothes." I begin and Stefan laughs. "They're in the wash." He explains and I nod. "Why?" I awkwardly laugh and he shrugs.

"Thought you'd wanna wear something clean." Stefan tells me. "I'm gonna go take a shower." I quickly run to the restroom. I turn the shower on and begin getting under the hot shower. This isn't happening. I'm definitely not in Stefans shower after sleeping with him last night. As I run my fingers through my hair, I hear the bathroom door open. The curtain slightly opens, revealing a very... naked Stefan standing there.

"Thought you'd need some company." He whispers, moving my hair off of my neck and starts sucking on it. "Stefan, we really shouldn't." My knees growing week as he starts spreading soap on my body. "We really shouldn't..." my voice dies out and is interrupted by a moan leaving my lips as he kisses my sweet spot.

*after the shower*

After my... "shower" with Stefan, I grabbed my clothes out of the dryer and slid them on. "I really should go." I stare at my Uber that was now waiting for me. Stefan nods, leaning in as I back away. "Stefan, we're not together. This was just..." I start and he nods. "Oh okay." He tells me, stopping me from finishing my sentence. "I got to go." I walk out of his apartment.

I wanted Stefan back more than ever. Im not just gonna forget what he did to me. I can't just forgive him so easily. I felt bad but maybe it's karma for what he did to me. Maybe he... maybe he deserved it. I found my self crying when the tears hit my thigh. "You okay?" The driver asks me and I nod. "Yeah, I just had a long night. That's it." I smile, wiping my tear and he nods.

When I finally get home, I see Bonnie and Caroline waiting there for me. "Where were you, ma'am?" Caroline snaps, pointing a spoon at me. "Calm down, you hormonal monster." I snicker and Caroline rolls her eyes. "Don't think we didn't see you and Stefan leave together yesterday." Bonnie sighs, messing with her hair and my eyes widen at her.

"It's not what it-" I tell them and Caroline interrupts me. "How many times?" She asks and I look at her confused. "C'mon." Bonnie laughs and I roll my eyes. "Twice..." I mumble under my breath as Caroline and Bonnie laugh. "We knew it!" Caroline squeals and Bonnie stares at me. "How good was it?" Bonnie wiggles her eyebrows and I roll my eyes once again.

"The best." I laugh and they squeal. "But, I'm not getting back with him." I explain and Caroline frowns. "It was a mistake, Elena." Bonnie sighs and I look down. "He promised and..." I begin but can't find myself finishing the sentence. "Do you guys know where my dad is?" I ask and they both shake their heads.

"Well, I'm gonna head up stairs. Talk to you girls later, I guess." I begin walking up the stairs as I hear a few whispers from them. Thankfully, I didn't have to worry about Katherine anymore. She left after that whole... situation with Stefan.

*flashback*
I let the tears fall as I walk back to my house. I feel my phone vibrating as I groan, currently upset at everything that's happening. I look down at the caller I.D and notices it's Stefan. I quickly decline the call, shoving my phone in my back pocket.

I feel it vibrating again as I roll my eyes and let it ring. How could this happen? What'd I do wrong? Does he just... not love me anymore? I tried to shake off these thoughts but it was nearly impossible.

I sigh, sitting down on a bench. What the fuck is happening. I brink my knees to my chest and just sit there. There's no more tears. Just thoughts.

*end of flashback*

"We're leaving!" Caroline shouts and I shout okay. I hear the front door close and I sigh, putting some sweatpants on with a hoodie. Much better. After brushing my teeth, I put some netflix on and crawled under the sheets. Just when I started getting comfortable, I hear the doorbell ring. "What the?" I ask, hoping it was my dad or something.

Lately, my dads been hanging out with his boyfriend, Dan. And Jeremy usually stays at Bonnie's place now often. I open the door, completely shocked by who it was. "Stefan?" I ask, looking around. "What're you-" I ask and he interrupts me. "Let me talk, please." He sighs and I hesitate before nodding my head.

"It was a mistake. I'm a fucking dumbass, I know," he starts and I nod my head in agreement about the last part. "And I know you hate me. Hell, I hate me too but... I'm never gonna stop trying for you." He states, making my eyes widen. "No matter how many times you reject me, I will keep trying to get you back." He says and I sigh, running my fingers through my hair.

"Because, I still love you." He begins again and I feel my heart break all over again. "Shit, I don't think I'll ever stop loving you." He explains and I look down, blinking away the tears in my eyes. "Please say something. Anything." Stefan begs and I look up. "Okay," my voice is shaky and step back a little.

"I don't think I'll ever forget what you did, Stefan." I begin as a tear rolls down his cheek. "You've made me feel pain I've never felt before." I laugh to hide the sadness in my voice. "And I hate seeing you like this, Elena. I'm so sorry." He cries out as I hug him. We both stay there in silence as I pull away.

"I'm willing to give us a chance." I tell him, resting my forehead on his. "Don't screw it up." I sigh and he chuckles. I'm probably gonna regret this but.. I can't stay away from. Our lips brush against each other, we're both hesitant until he finally kisses. Boy, have I missed his lips. I missed the feeling of feeling like we were the only people in the world.

I missed him.

Authors note: I have the memory of a goldfish so I do apologize if this is confusing. I'm working on a new book (yee-yee) and I'm trying to make my writing skills better in that one. Anyway, enjoy this update ✌🏼🥳