Chapter twelve [RE-EDITED]

Elena's POV

I giggle as I see Stefan under the water. The pool was finally clean so Stefan decided to swim with me. I see him slowly coming above the surface as I quickly go under the water. After a few seconds, I go back up as I see don't see Stefan.

I suddenly feel a pair of hands grab me from my underarms and next thing I know, I'm being thrown across the pool. My head quickly goes above the surface as I gasp for air. I hear Stefan laughing as I rub my eyes to open them. "That's what you get for cheating." He tells me as I scoff. "Wait, how did you-" "How did I know? I opened my eyes underwater and didn't see you." He tells me as I open my mouth in shock.

"Wow. Well done, Salvatore." I smirk as he gives me a toothy grin. "Easy, Gilbert." He replies as I splash him. I swim towards him as I put my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He has his hands on my waist as I smile. He makes me so happy.

He quickly grabs me and throws me across the pool. I scoff as he's laughing hysterically. "I told you, Easy!" He nearly shouts as I splash him. "Seriously?" I ask as he nods. "Oh yeah."

We are silent for a moment until he breaks the silence by asking, "What are you doing today?" "Why?" I ask as he laughs. "I was think maybe... we hang out. Maybe as a date..." he responds as my eyes widen.

"Or- or not." He stammers as I a look up. "No... I'd like that." I say with a smile lighting up his face. "Great." He smiles. I laugh as he swims to me and throws me across the pool again. "Seriously?!" I shout as he nods while laughing.

"If you keep that up, I won't hang out with you." I tease as he puts on a panicked face and rushes towards me. "No." He begs as he kisses my forehead. I kinda laugh it off and stay silent. I don't think he meant to do it.. or maybe. I don't know.

I hop in the hot shower as I sigh. I'm so nervous for Stefan and I's date. I feel the butterflies going crazy in my stomach. God. Why are you so nervous? I laugh because of how stupid I feel as I scrub my hair.

It feels weird cause of the chlorine, but, whatever. I think about Stefan kissing my forehead as I touch the spot he kissed. I smile to myself as I rub the body wash on my body. I didn't even realize how much I liked him until that night at the wedding.

The night where we kissed...I quickly think before getting out of the shower. What does this mean? We've kissed and we aren't dating. Wait- we kissed. Hold up. It's all just settling in.

I touch my lips before I grab a pair of underwear and a bra. I slide them on while listening to some music. I hum along while I put some leggings on with a t-shirt.

It's around 8:30 pm when I hear a knock at my front door. I smile then make my way towards the door because I'm sure it's Stefan. I open the door and see Stefan there with a few bags of chips. I laugh as I grab some of the chip and place them on the counter.

"Aww, Stef.. you didn't have to." I tell  him as he shakes his head. "I'll pay you back." I tell him as he looks up. "No, it's fine. I just wanted to bring chips." He laughs as I laugh with him.

I grab the chips once again and plop down on the couch. I quickly grab a blanket and get under it, stuffing my mouth with chips. "So, what are we gonna watch?"

Stefan's POV
I get under the blanket with her. Her and I are both eating chips and laughing at the movie. We're sitting a good distance apart so I have to kinda stretch my arm to even grab chips. Elena drops a chip from laughing. "Oh, god." She sighs as I pick it up.

"It's alright." I tell her as I sit next to her, a little closer than before. She quickly turns to me and asks "Why is your hair so good?"

"What?" I laugh as she rubs her eyes. "Why does it just.. look so good?" She reply touching my hair. I look at her before saying "I don't know. Never really though of it."

She laughs as she looks at me in the eyes. When ever she does that, I feel like everything else doesn't matter. I get a ton of butterflies as my grin kinda goes away. I lean, expecting a kiss. She turns away and laughs. "No, Stefan. We can't just keep kissing even though we aren't dating." She tells me as I nod.

"Well, why do you think I wanted this to be a date?" I ask as she slightly scoffs. "You have a point.." she responds as I nod. "I would love for you to be my girlfriend, Elena. Obviously it's gonna take a few more dates and some time but.." I start as Elena stops me by placing her finger on my lip.

"I know.." she tells me as I nod. "So, kiss me." I smile as she giggles and kisses me. She sits on top of me as I start kissing her neck. She lets out a little moan as I lay her down and I'm hovering over her.

She wraps her legs on my waist, moaning at the contact. I groan a bit, moving my hips forward to get some friction. "That feels nice- really nice." She says as I move my hips forward again, earning a moan from her.

I break contact with her, removing her shirt. Elena surprises me by switching places with me, so she's now straddling me. She takes her time leaving warm kisses on my body. She's making her way towards my stomach as we hear the front door open.

"Oh my, God! Dad!" Elena shouts in shock as she grabs the blanket and covers herself with it. Her dads eyes widen as I quickly grab my shirt and put it back on. "Dad. I-" Elena stammers as her dad interrupts. "You know what? It's fine. Uh, I'll just- I'll just go." He says before walking up the stairs.

"Sorry." Elena tells me as I pull her closer to me. "It's fine." I sigh as caress her cheek with my thumb. "We keep getting interrupted." She laughs as I reply. "Maybe that's a good thing, Elena. We should wait.." "You're right." She says as I pull her closer, kissing her.

I sit back down and continue watching the movie. Elena eventually fell asleep in my arms as I slowly get up. I cover her with the blanket as I kiss her cheek and turn the tv off. I put my shoes back on and as I'm about to walk out the door, Elena's dad stops me.

"Stefan, wait!" He whisper shouts as I turn around. "Mr. Gilbert. I- I can explain-"

"One, please call me Grayson. And two, I don't care. All I need you to do is take care of her.. please. She needs someone good in her life especially since-"

"Since Matt." I interrupt him as he slowly nods. "Yeah. Anyway, thank you for giving her a good time. She seems genuinely happy ever since she met you." He says as I smile. "Of course." I tell him as he nods and I leave.

Authors note: I know, I keep teasing you guys👊🏻😔 ANYWAY, sorry for not updating.