Chapter eight [RE-EDITED]

Elena's POV
"Well, maybe if you would just give me a chance and not be so quick to judge then this wouldn't have happened." Caroline tells me as I look at her. "I know I just.. I want what's best for you. I don't want to see you get hurt." I assure her as she smiles. "I know but.. can you please just trust me?" She asks as I nod. "Thank you." She comments.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have overreacted like that." I tell her as she shakes her head. "I get it. Come here." She tells me, pulling me into a hug. "I love you." She states as I nod with a smile curving on my lips. "I love you, too." I reply as she laughs.

"I don't ever want to fight like that again." I tell her as I pull away from the hug. "I know. It won't happen again." She assures me as I nod. "So, how have you and Stefan been?" She smirks as my cheeks redden. "Uh, I don't know.. we're just friends. He's very.. 'supportive' I guess." I tell her as she smiles.

"Watch. You guys will get together." She states as I shake my head. "No, we won't. He's one of my best friends." I assure as she smirks. "Mhm." She says as I throw my pillow at her. "Uhh! Seriously?" She says while laughing, causing me to laugh.

I hear my phone buzz as Caroline snatches it off the bedside table. "Mm, speaking of Stefan." She smirks while handing me the phone. I practically snatch the phone as I answer. "Hey." I say as I hear Stefan nearly shout with excitement.

"Elena! I'm gonna be an uncle!" He states as I smile. "Aw, Stefan! When did you find out?" I ask. "Just now. You know that dinner I had to go to. Well, that's when my brother and his girlfriend told me." He says while laughing.

I laugh as I congratulate him and soon hang up. Caroline stares into my eyes. "What?" I ask with confusion as she smirks. "Omg, he likes you, E!" She says as I shake my head. "Caroline, n-" "Elena, why else would he call you and tell you that?" She ask's as I open my mouth to talk but nothing comes out.

"Yeah, see?" Caroline says as I roll my eyes. Bonnie and Caroline are obsessed with Stefan and I because they want me to move on. They are very.. clingy when it comes to him and I.

"Jermey! Elena!" I hear my dad shout from the living room. I look up and tell Caroline to stay here as she nods. I walk into the living room, seeing my dad and Jermey seated next to each other. "Wha- what's going on, Dad?" I ask as he motions me to sit.

"Kids, I have to tell you something." He says in a serious tone, his eyes watering. "As you guys know, I have been acting a little.. distant lately." Jeremy nods. "And that is because.. I'm-" His voice cracks as my eyes water.

"I'm dating someone." He states as I look down. "Please don't be mad kids-"

"We're not mad it just.. shocking." Jeremy interrupts my dad as he looks up and smiles. "Really?" He asks as Jermey and I nod. I get up and hug him as Jermey does the same. "We love you, dad. Nothing can change that." I states as he smiles.

"Thank you, kids. I didn't know how you would take it." He says as Jermey shakes his head. "We could never be upset at you for that." Jeremy says and I nod. It hurts, of course. Whoever he's dating isn't my mom. But i'm glad he's moving on.

Authors note: I'm soooo sorry this chapter is short than usual. I just didn't... I didn't have much inspiration. Also, happy pride month everyone!🏳️‍🌈💞