Chapter thirteen

Elena's POV
I sigh as I see that I have nothing to wear to Stefan and I's dinner date. I remember that Bonnie went to wash her hands quickly so I make my way towards the bathroom. I hear something knock down but I don't pay much attention to it. I open the door as I see Bonnie sitting on the counter as her legs are wrapped around Jermey's waist.

They were having a heated makeout session... in our bathroom. I look at the stuff knocked down in the floor, realizing they did that so she can sit there. I open my mouth in shock as I quickly shut the door and run to my room. I pick up my phone and dial Caroline's number. "Caroline, you'll never believe what I just saw." I say as she dramatically gasps and asks what happened. "I just walked in on Bonnie and Jer sticking each other's tongues down their throats." I reply as she laughs. "No way!" She nearly shouts.

"Yes, wa- I gotta go. She just walked in." I tell her as I quickly hang up. "Elena, it's not what it looks like." Bonnie assures me as I laugh. "It's fine, Bonnie. I don't care. I'm happy for you.. really. Now, will you help me get ready?" I tell her as she smiles and nods. "Thank you for taking it so well." She tells me as I nod. "Of course.. you're my best friend, Bon." I state as she smiles.

I'm glad she's happy. She deserves someone like Jermey just as much as he deserves her. She goes through my closet as I smile at her. She takes out a a red silk long sleeved shirt that I didn't even know I had. Along with a pair of black skinny jeans.

I scoff in relief as she sighs. "Thank you, Bonnie. I don't know what I would do without you and Care." I tell her while I hug her. I take my oversized t-shirt off and slip on the shirt. I then put my black jeans on, tucking my shirt in. I put my hair down and brush through it.

I suddenly get butterflies as I see I have an hour left. Wow. I ask Bonnie what shoes to put on as she hands me black red bottoms. "Bonnie, I can't borrow these from you-" "Yes, you can. And you will." She assures me while handing me the shoes. I look at them, amazed as I slip them on.

"Thank you, Bon." I finish as she smiles. "No problem." She tells me as I smile at her. I quickly do my make up as I brush my hair once more. I look in front of the mirror and scoff with amaze.

"Wow, Bon. I really look good." I tell her as she nods. "I have that ju-ju." She tells me as I laugh. I hear a car horn as I turn to Bonnie and giver a hug. That's Stefan's signal. "By, Bon. I love you so much." I tell her. "I love you too, E. Good luck." She tells me as I nod and walk down the stairs.

I see Stefan sitting in his red car, looking up at me and smiling. I open the car door as I say "Hey, Stef."

"E, you look... amazing." He tells me as I look him in the eyes. "Thank you. You don't look too bad your self." I tell him, applying lip gloss. We're going out to eat at some fancy restaurant.

He starts pulling out of the driveway as I stop him. "Wait! Let me take a picture." I tell him as he nods. I open my camera on my phone and hand it out in front of us. I kiss him on the cheek, which I could tell surprised him a bit. I take the picture and post it on social media with the caption "Thanks for everything, xo."

He laughs as he starts pulling out of the driveway once again. "I like those earrings." He tells me, pointing to my hoop earrings. "Thank you." I reply as I connect my phone to the aux playing a song.

I hum along as I see Stefan look at me and gives me a toothy grin. "What?" I laugh as he laughs. "Nothing." He responds as we pull up to the restaurant. "That was fast." I tell him as he nods and let's out a chuckle.

He open the door for me as I kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you." I whisper into his ear, making him clench his jaw. "Mhm." He nods as he intertwines his fingers with mine. I smile to myself and just let it happen.

"Hi, can we get a table for two?" Stefan ask's the waitress as she nods and leads us to a table. I sit down across from him, biting my lip. He then points out how pretty my nails are. Thank god because I got them done yesterday. "Thank you." I smile as he nods. It's the little things that matter. He's so good to me.

"So, hows Lexi?" I ask as he looks up and smiles. "She's good. I'm so excited." He tells me. "I'm so happy for you and your brother, Stefan." I state as he nods. "What are you ordering?" He asks. "I know you don't like when people order but-"

"Honestly, Stefan, I really don't care. I just barely knew you when I told you that. I don't mind, really." I smile as he laughs. "I'll just get some steak with fries." I tell him as he shakes his head while laughing. "What?"

"We're at this fancy restaurant and you chose fries?" He laughs as I nod. "What's wrong with that?" I sneer as he shakes his. "Nothing. Nothing." He assures me as I laugh. "Good."

"When we're done, do you wanna go to my place? Maybe watch a movie?" He asks as I nod. "Of course." After a few minutes, we get our food and as we're talking, my phone rings.

"Can I take this call?" I ask's as Stefan nods. I make my way outside as I answer the phone. "Hey, Care. What's up-"

"Elena, I have to tell you something." Caroline says in a voice that sounds like she's been crying. "Caroline, What's wrong?" I ask as she shushes me.

"Just- just listen, okay? Elena.. Matt... he's been arrested." She tells me as I feel the tears falling down my face. Thankfully, I wore waterproof mascara. My back slides against the wall as tears stream down my face.

I don't know why I was so upset. It's just all coming at me to fast. I have my knees pressed against my chest as I'm sobbing. I hear the door open and don't look up.

"Elena, what happened?" I hear Stefan ask with slight anger in his voice. "Did someone touch you because I swear to go-"

"Matt's in prison." I say interrupting him as he sighs and sits next to me.

"Did you love him?" A minute or two goes by before I answer. "No, I didn't." I finally reply as he sighs. He turns my head so that I'm facing him. "Don't cry, please. Not over him." He tells me as I let out a sob. "Why aren't you happy?" He ask's as we get up and I hug him.

"I- I don't know. I thought him going to prison would make me feel better but-"

"But it doesn't." He finishes as I nod. "The good thing is, is that he's gone; he cant hurt you anymore. And if he gets out on good behavior, I'll be the first one there to make sure he goes back." He assures me as I let out a sob. "Do you wanna just go home?" He ask's as I shake my head. "No- I don't want to be there. Please." I say as he nods. We go back inside and have a good time. Eventually, we finish and pay for the food.

I sit in the car and I sigh, letting out a laugh as well. I feel stupid for crying. Crying over him. Stefan opens the car door. I nod at him indicating that I'm ready to go. He places his hand on my thigh which causes me to have tingles all over my body.

We pull up into an unfamiliar driveway. "This.. this is my place." He says pointing to an apartment. I sigh before exiting the car. Stefan stands in front of me as I feel his warm breath on my face. He caresses my cheek with his thumb as he says "Don't cry for him. He isn't worth it." I nod.

Authors note: SOO NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE A CONTINUED VERSION OF THIS. Also, sorry if I'm 'taking to long' to make them a couple. I don't want to rush things:) thank you! Please share the story! Xoxo