Chapter seven [RE- EDITED]

Elena's POV
"Jeremy! I'm home!" I shout as he walks down the stairs. "What's up?" he asks as I look up. "Why are you staying here? Why haven't you've been at Vicki's place?" I ask as he looks down.

"Uh, Vicki and I kinda.. broke up," he replies as I look up, smiling. "Why are you smiling?" he asks, shaking his head. "Oh, nothing." I reply as I push past him, running up the stairs. "What?" he shouts as I slam my door.

I immediately call Bonnie, nearly squealing. "Bonnie!" I squeal. "What?" she asks as I reply. "Okay, so you know how Jeremy has been staying at our place? Well, it's because he and Vicki broke up!"

"Okay, so?" my eyes widen. "What do you mean 'so'?" I ask as she shakes her head. "Elena, he just went through a breakup." she states as I clear my throat. "Soooo?" she scoffs and laughs. "you have no soul, E. No soul."

—————

"God, you're boring." Caroline tells me as I look up. "Gee, thanks, Care." I comment as she shakes her head. "I'm sorry but whenever I come to hang out, you're always on your phone or something." she's right.

"Fine, what's up?" I ask as she smiles. "Well... I kinda lost my virginity." she states as my eyes widen, looking up. "You- you what?" I nearly shout as she looks down. "To who? When? How?" I ask as she looks up.

"To Tyler Lockwood. It was the other day. At the party.." she replies as I shake my head. I told you, Tyler is the biggest player you will ever meet. "Caroline, why? Why would you do that?" I ask as she looks up, giving me a confused look.

"Why not, E?" I shake my head as I scoff. "Caroline, I usually wouldn't have a problem, but, with Tyler?" she rolls her eyes. "Tyler likes me! I'm so tired of you calling him a player. I never once said anything bad about Stefan!" she shouts. She's right. Again.

But before I can even think, I reply. "Because Stefan isn't a player!"I shout as her eye narrow at me. "How do you know?! You've known him for like two days!" I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

"Whatever, Elena." she scoffs, grabbing her stuff. I jump as she slams the door.

I sigh as I run my fingers through my hair. Damnit. For some reason, I find myself wanting to call Stefan. "hello?" he asks as I sniffle. "Elena, are you okay?"

"No, Stefan. I- I'm not okay. I'm so tired of everything." I reply. "Im on my way." he says before hanging up. My breath starts getting shaking as I look down.

Five mins later.

I hear the doorbell ring as I run down the stairs. I open the door to see Stefan. I almost don't want to do anything. At that moment, I wanted to go stare at his gorgeous face. But before I can decide whether or not if that's what I want to do, I run into his arms.

"Shh, " he shushes me. "What happened?" he asks as I hug him tighter. I don't want to let go. I feel...protected when I'm in his arms. I let out a long sigh before I look up. I can feel his warm breath against my face, causing me to have chills going down my spine.

"Caroline- she.. She got mad at me and we had an argument." I reply as rest my head on his chest. "Why?" He asks. I look up as he puts a strand of hair behind my ear. "She told me that she Uh, lost her virginity to and I kinda snapped at her. It's my fault."

He sighs before I ask "Do you maybe want to come in?" As he smiles.

I'm sitting next to him on the couch. My head is resting on his chest as he's side hugging me. I know we aren't dating but.. this isn't awkward. He's become one of my best friends.

Just as I'm about to talk, my dad walks in. "Oh! I'm sorry, Elena. I'll leave you and.."

"Stefan." Stefan answers as my dad smiles. "I'll leave you and Stefan to be-"

"No, it's fine. I was just about to go anyway." Stefan assures him.

I look up, with a confused face. My dad nods and walks out. "Sorry, I have to dinner with my brother and his girlfriend, Lexi." He tells me as I nod.

Stefan's POV
I make my way into the restaurant as I see Damon and Lexi sitting next to each other, having what looked like a deep conversation. I sit down in front of them as they look at me and smile.

"Hey guys." I say as Lexi smiles at me. She looks at Damon as he nods and smiles. "What's.. going on?" I ask as Lexi starts to reply. "Well, Stefan. We have to tell you something. I'm... pregnant."

My jaw drops as I smile. "No way." I say as Damon nods, a smile forms on his lips. Tears of happiness fall down my cheeks. "I can't believe it! I'm gonna be an uncle!" I nearly shout as Lexi shushes me.

"Quiet! You're gonna get us kicked out." She says as I laugh. "Mm, why were you late?" Damon ask's as I smile again. "I was hanging out with a friend." I say as Damon smirks.

"Does this friend's name begin with an E?" He asks as I scoff. "Mind your own business." I reply jokingly. I smile at him and Lexi. Wow. I can't believe I'm gonna be an uncle.

"When's the baby shower? Do you know the gender?" I quickly ask as Lexi shakes her head. "Only you know. Plus, we are only a few weeks, Stefan. We promise we'll invite you to the gender reveal and the baby shower." She says, making us all laugh.

Authors note: Did you guys like this chapter? Please share and vote, thanks😎🤩