(Twenty-Two)

Mulai dari awal

"Years? Centuries?" Hangil asked, amused. "Aren't you proud of what you created, I.M?'

I.M narrowed his eyes. He wasn't proud. He took someone's humanity away against their will. He subjected Jooheon to the most excruciating pain. He wasn't proud. No, he was angry at himself.

"Jooheon has been able to tap into the raw energy only a feral beast has. He has this ability most vampires could only hope to see in their older age."

I.M narrowed his eyes. "I bet you are thrilled."

"Thrilled? Can't say I am. See, Jooheon is sloppy. Despite this ability, he still struggles to control it. I know he has the ability to do so much more, but the he is unstable and it's because of his bagged blood diet."

"Bagged blood is just the same—"

"Don't be naive I.M. Every vampire knows that nothing compares to a live hunt. Drinking from a living and breathing human has its benefits that some vampires fail to realize. Jooheon has to drink from a live human to stabilize his power and encourage the awakening of any other power he may possess."

I.M scoffed. Bagged blood was the same as drinking from a human. Only live hunt enthusiasts criticized bagged blood. There are several times he had been told by other vampires that bagged blood was ineffective. I.M rather starve than participate in live hunts. Half of the time humans never survived their encounters with vampires. Only a few vampires put their victims to sleep. There were a few vampires didn't kill.

"Enough about my stance on bagged blood," Hangil said. "I realize I have been unfair to you as a sire. I'm sure you wish to see Jooheon. And what better time than a monumental moment."

I.M tilted his head. He didn't know what to believe. He wanted to think it could be a trap, but there would be no point. He was already trapped in the council building. There was no other way to trap him even more. They could put him in chains. Years ago, slayers had crafted chains that could hold a vampire. But he knew Hangil would never go so far as to acquire them. Chains weren't Hangil's style. He was too confident to believe anyone was a real threat to him. For Hangil, chaining someone meant fear and he feared no one.

Hangil glared at him, waiting. "Don't give me a reason to change my mind. I am far too busy to waste time with you."

I.M got to his feet and followed the council head. He hadn't seen the outside of his makeshift prison in days and didn't mind leaving the room. Plus, he was eager to reunite with Jooheon. He wanted to know how the new vampire was doing. Most new vampires rested during their transition, but Jooheon wasn't able to relax. He had been exposed to unnecessary stress too early on in his vampire life. For a second, he thought back to Hyungwon's first day as a vampire and he frowned. It seemed he could never do anything right.

They traveled away from his prison, returning to the same section they kept Hyungwon previously. Thoughts of the vampire trapped in the council building flooded his mind. After sitting alone, he realized how much Hyungwon suffered. And there was so much more that he still doesn't know about Hyungwon's imprisonment. The thought made him queasy.

Soon they stopped before a door several doors away from Hyungwon's previous room. Hangil pulled the door open. His eyes fell upon the new vampire. Jooheon knelt on the ground, forehead pressed to the wall. I.M paused in the doorway. On the right, Chul stood, eyes on the new vampire. Hangil shook his head as he walked over to Jooheon.

He crouched next to the new vampire. "Still not able to make a hole in this, wall? After you lifted that desk not too long ago?  I'm disappointed."

I.M glanced around, eyes falling upon the desk demolished in the corner of the room. His eyes widened. Jooheon, barely a few days since his turning, had chucked a full desk at the wall with his mind. Most vampires took years to do the same. Jooheon shouldn't have been able to do so much in such a short amount of time.