1D: You needed him when he wasn't there for you (Tumblr)

Start from the beginning

Not wanting to get you anymore upset, he left. 

Niall:

In the middle of the night you got a call from one of your best friends, another one of your friends was in the hospital. She got in a car accident and it was bad. From what your friend told you she has multiple broken ribs, a broken leg and a pretty bad concussion. Your best friend told you to just come in the morning because visiting hours were over. You tried to fall back asleep and eventually after worrying about her you were able to. What felt like an hour later you got another call, your best friend was now in a coma.

“It’s her brains way of dealing with this trauma.”

 It was 6 am and you decided you were up, so you hopped into the shower and started to get ready. By the time your coffee was done and you were about to leave Niall was getting up, ready to start his day.

“Love, where ya going?” You told him what happened and he promised you he’d head straight to the hospital when he was done for the day. He had promo for a new book, they had a commercial to shoot and they had to go to the studio.

“I’m so sorry babe. I’ll be there later, I promise. I love you.” He pressed his lips to yours.

You had to break it or you knew neither of you would be leaving the house anytime soon. You wondered how you deserve such an amazing guy. You said goodbye to him and gave him one more quick kiss then left the house. You got to the hospital and spent the whole day buy your best friends' side. You told her everything that’s going on in your life, which wasn’t much because you’d only talked to her yesterday.  That’s when it hit you, yesterday she was fine, she was awake and talking; now she’s laying in a hospital bed, in a coma. You found yourself wishing Niall was the one here, wiping away your tears. You understood this was his job but that didn’t stop you from hating every second of it. You also hated the fact that Niall text you and told you that he forgot Liam had an engagement party that he had to go to. You were sure Liam would understand if he didn’t go to the party. You were out in the lobby talking to her doctors when you saw Niall getting out of the elevator. You smiled at the doctor and went to walk away but you couldn’t, he should have been here hours ago.

“Don’t come here Niall.” You put your hand against his chest, stopping him from coming closer. “I’ve been waiting for you to show up for three hours, you should have been here but you weren’t. I don’t want to talk to you.”

You were mad, your anger got worse seeing him in front of you, he didn’t even look sorry.

“If you’re not going to say anything then leave because my best friend is in that room and she needs me. I’m going to be here for her unlike you, who wasn’t there for me.”

He nodded and took a couple steps before turning around.

“I got caught up and lost track of time. I’m sorry but I know it’s not good enough. I’m going to go now.”

You wanted him to stay; you wanted him to be here for you. It didn’t matter if you mad at him you wanted him to be here. Before you could run after him and ask him to stay the elevator shut, leaving you all alone.