Chapter 11: Date night

S/N's perspective

S/N: "Shikikan, is this really what I should be wearing? Seems a bit much."

I asked, turning around to face the commander, feeling constrained as I tried on a suit and tie, which felt more like a punishment than clothing—the two of us arguing back and forth with clothes littering the floor all around my feet.

Shikikan: "Oh, trust me, it's just right."

S/N: "How many dates have you been on again?"

Shikikan: "About two."

He said with a shrug as I tilted my head to the side.

S/N: "And you think that qualifies you for this?"

Shikikan: ".........Maybe."

I facepalmed and started to take off the tux, feeling less compressed as I freed myself.

S/N: "I don't want to seem like I'm trying too hard, ok? Maybe something still nice but less formal?"

Shikikan sighed as he went to his closet to see.

Shikikan: "This would be a lot easier if you had your clothes."

S/N: "One, you're the one that gave me all these, two, I crashed here with the only clothes I own."

Shikikan: "True, alright. How about this?"

He pulled out a dark green polo shirt along with some tan slacks. I looked them over a bit before nodding as it took off the undershirt.

S/N: "That will do."

Shikikan: "Finally."

I shook my head and started to put the clothing on, glancing at the commander with slight annoyance.

S/N: "It was your idea to go through all those outfits."

Shikikan: "Whatever, go and freshen up. You stink."

S/N: "No I-

I was saying before sniffing my armpit and reeled my head back, coughing.

S/N: "Actually, I could use some deodorant. Thanks for the help, sir."

Shikikan: "Anytime, now get ready and show Belfast a good time."

I nodded, and the commander left my room, leaving me to look at myself in the mirror. I gazed at my bare scar-covered chest. My eyes trailed down each one, the burns snaking back and forth as the battles came from. Shaking my head and taking in a big breath, I thought back on my times here,

Smiling a bit as I started to freshen up along with putting on my polo shirt. Fixing up my hair, I smiled in the mirror as I was ready for my date.

S/N: "Never thought I'd be doing this when I was born, but it's pleasant all the same."

Now making my way outside, I looked around. Belfast and I had agreed to meet up in front of the anchor monument outside of HQ. I approached and smiled as I saw Belfast dressed up and standing in front of the statue as I walked up. Her outfit, like mine, wasn't too formal, which let me sigh in relief.

S/N: (So glad I went with the polo.) "You look lovely, Bel."

Belfast blushed a little bit, smiling sweetly.

Belfast: "Thank you, you look nice too."

I blushed a bit too and rubbed the back of my head.

S/N: "Thanks, now shall we?"

She nodded and took my hand shyly as we walked into the more commercial side of the base towards the café I had picked out earlier.

Eventually, we made it to the café, and we found our table as I pulled out her chair.