Chapter 7: Sakura Empire

S/N's perspective

S/N: "Ship log number 37. Finally, we have the engines online! Drift and I took her for a bit of a fly around the base, and everything checked out; well, we didn't crash. Now the ship is hanging over her original crash site a month ago. God, it's been a month...I wonder if we are still fighting the war..... end ship's log."

I ended the log as I walked onto my bridge. A hologram of the Paris class lit up green, well, everything but the Slipspace drive, that sat in a stark red to everything else. Sighing softly, I looked back as the resident engineer floated on into the room.

S/N: "Hey buddy, how are things going on the drive?"

He let out a slight whine and shook his head. I just nodded and looked back at the hologram.

S/N: "Of course, the most complicated thing in this ship had to receive the most damage, do what you can, Drift. I need to head down to the base.

Drift nodded and floated back out of the bridge. Taking one last look at the hologram, I made my way down to the beach. Once my feet were again on solid ground, I headed towards the grove of cherry trees with the sun beating down. The whole atmosphere seemed to change into something more tranquil and peaceful when I properly made my way into the dorm grounds. Continuing along the path bare before me, I came across a fork in the pathway; a small koi pond sat between the two divisions. An egret with brilliant white feathers stood on its banks and looked down into the pond. The Koi fish swim in lazy circles, each with a variety of colors.

As I walked up, the egret noticed and took flight, watching it fly off between the cherry trees; I kneeled in front of the pond. Watching the koi swim in the same lazy circles they did before. The sound of clacking along the stone path broke my gaze as I turned to look at who was coming. Silhouetted by the cherry trees, walked down a woman with a flowing white and blue kimono, nine snow white tails contrasted with two fluffy ears that sprouted from the short hair that ended around the kitsune's jawline. As she stopped on the other side of the pond, I rose to my feet while she spoke.

???: "S/N, I assume?"

S/N: "I am, and I assume you must be Kaga."

I said and rounded the pond as I held out my hand, Kaga shaking it gingerly before pulling her hand back.

Kaga: "That I am.

S/N: "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Kaga: "The feeling is mutual. My sister was meant to be here as well..."

She said, trailing off, her gaze drifting to what little of the command structure that the base centered around was visible. I glanced at it with her for a moment.

S/N: "But from what I heard about her, probably with the commander?"

Kaga: "She scares me sometimes when she goes off to see him."

S/N: "Little to possessive from the rumors."

Kaga: "That might be putting it lightly. Come, you can watch the koi some other time. Lady Nagato would like to speak to you before today's event begins."

S/N: "Sure thing. Lead the way."

I followed her as we walked up the path from which she came, passing by several stylized structures before crossing over a small bridge that bypassed a stream running through what I guess is their version of the Royal navy gardens. Walking towards a small ornate pavilion, I saw who I assume was Nagato sitting on a cushion. Her small stature that much like Elizabeth, with long flowing black hair that didn't hide the tall fox ears atop her head.