[20] Sleepover without the sleep

Start from the beginning

"Look to see who it is first," I pointed out nervously.

She rolled her eyes, "This is Winding Way. Nothing happens here."

Ugh, famous last words.

I didn't realize how hard I was gripping the sheets until my nails started digging into my own palms.

"Oh! You... it's you," she said to the stranger at the door, "We've never even spoken at school before. Are you at the right address?"

"Hey," a boy's voice sounded.

All three of us jumped up and raced to the front door in our pyjamas.

"Oh my god!" Sid gasped, fanning herself.

"Oh my god," I said in disgust.

Hugo smirked, "Hey ladies. You seem surprised to see me."

"Why wouldn't we be?" Isla asked, "Do you even know our names?"

Hugo peered around her and looked directly at me, "You didn't tell them?"

"Tell us what?" Cleo asked.

"You're invited to a party. It's your lucky day ladies, I'm your personal escort," Hugo offered charmingly.

"No way!" the girls squealed.

Only Cleo looked disappointed. She'd spent a lot of time planning this sleepover.

The other two freaked out and went to ransack Cleo's makeup and closet. They got changed. If I was going to that damn party, it'd be in my pyjamas.

"We're going to need some time," I snapped at Hugo, annoyed that he ruined girls' night.

"Ok, should I wait-" I closed the door in his face. "Ok, I'll wait out here then."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The girls were all dressed up. Hair and make up done in the quickest time. And I stood next to them in my pyjamas. It was a tank top and black sweatpants.

"We're the only juniors at this party. How did we score an invite again?" Sid asked.

We rolled up to a big house where the music was blasting, and we could see people partying through the windows. The front lawn was already trashed, and it wasn't even midnight yet.

Hugo walked into the party with us four girls – I'm sure he enjoyed that entrance. It didn't stop many more from falling after him.

"Remember to stay in sight, George. All of us are here tonight," he told me as he was being dragged away by his girl from Tuesday.

"Even Jesper?"

"He actually got invited without my doing."

I sighed as I looked around me. Flirting, grinding and loud bass music. Someone was popping pills with the DJ while another guy spilt his drink on the couch. Just like any other party, except in a fancier house with kids that didn't have records.

Why couldn't I have one night in Pleasantville with Cleo's perfect family?

"Isla, your phone has the better camera. We need to post pictures of tonight," Sid extended her hand, eager to start taking selfies.

The girls pulled me towards a table overflowing with alcohol and stacks of red solo cups. They were talking about everyone around us, pointing out all the people and latest gossip.

"Hey Georgia," Miles swung by me, "I love how you don't give a f*ck."

He raised his eyebrows and looked me up and down. Yeah, I was in pyjamas. "It's past my bedtime."