friends.

friends don't look at friends that way. theo knew it. pushing that thought away somewhere in the back of his clouded mind. filled with warm feelings while being contaminated with confusion.

theo was sitting in the creaky wooden chair positioned in the corner of his room, next to a desk. on the desk, a mess of pens, and an empty envelope, waiting to be sealed. accompanied by a piece of paper. words printed in messy handwriting, which boris still somehow understood.

this was their thing.
a weekly letter.

exchanging them back and forth. it was a way for the boys to talk things though. things that are hard to mention face to face. problems, anger. all things got resolved on a simple piece of paper.

it all started one day, with boris. slipping a quick love note disguised as a friendly joke into theo's backpack. neither of them knew then that the feelings boris let flow into that paper, were nothing close to a joke.

theo made his own letter. a week later. things then took off from there. each boy kept the letters. theo wrapping his in twine, and keeping them hidden from his dad beneath the mess of his sock drawer. while boris stores them in an old shoe box, beneath his bed. each thought the other threw them away after reading them. little did they know, the other cared just as much as they did.

the next day, theo sat across from boris. beneath a tree, somewhere in the field; the grass staining theo's shorts in the process.

'guess what time of the week it is?'
'you say this ever time potter.'
'ok if you're gonna be that way, then i guess there's no letter this week'
'i'm messing with you. i've been looking forward to your response. so come on stop playing and hand it to me'
'bossy aren't we?'

theo reaches into the front pocket of his backpack. handing boris the letter, sealed with the words for a great friend written in the bottom right corner.

boris finds himself somewhat speechless. just lost in the bliss. thinking of the time theo put into it. just for him. finding his eyes flutter up, noticing theo looking, maybe waiting for some sort of reaction, or approval.

'thank you. i'll read it when i get home'
'can wait'

boris couldn't look away. changing focus from theo's hazel eyes to his soft freckles, speckled all over those dewy rosy cheeks.

no. friends don't look at friends that way.

this reoccurring thought bouncing back and forth finally got to him; he looked away.

'so? let's head home?'
'sure. you'll walk me?'
'i'll consider it potter.'

both boys got up, picking up their bags. theo notices the grass stains on his shorts. he would normally be a bit annoyed that boris made them sit on the grass today, but in this moment he didn't seem to mind. he just brushed it off while slinging his backpack onto his shoulders, adjusting to a comfortable position. trailing beside boris while they headed away.

making sure theo got home, boris walked back to his place. once there, he climbs the window which he left slightly opened this morning knowing his dad was home in the afternoon. in his bedroom, he slumps onto his bed, with the letter in his hand.

he held it up to his face, not being able to look away from the writing in the corner. friend. friend. friend. he couldn't quite understand why this made him uncomfortable. but he tears open the letter anyway.

after reading, he just felt a lingering dissatisfaction. like he was waiting for something to be written. but just like every week, the letter was just filled with the usual weekly thoughts, maybe a question here or there for him to answer.

this feeling kept dragging his focus back onto the envelope.

friend.
friend?

no. it felt- so wrong. that word. friend is nothing close to how he truly felt about theo. they can't be friends.

friends don't look at friends that way.

————————————-

hey guys! i know it's been a while, and i honestly don't have any reason let alone an excuse i guess, other than just not feeling motivated. but i don't know, something today just inspired me. do here's another update! this isn't the end of the story either, i'll be coming out with a part two very shortly as-well, so look forward to that! ( that part will most likely include smut as-well !!)

anyways, till next time!