Cerise

An hour or two passed and everything was ready. Maria was wearing her brother's cape, her father's ring and her mother's necklace. She wore here heart on her sleeve as she held onto Eric's arm.

"You seem anxious..." Eric smiled while the castle doors opened.

"I am... Leading so much people after life just dropped every bomb on me, I know how much pain I might get..." Maria furrowed her eyebrows.

"I did accept the cost of the crown on my coronation and later on, you will be accepting it too." Eric told her.

"Oh goodness... I know the cost and you know, as a king, that I cannot hesitate on my responsibility for the throne..." Maria looked worrily at the golden rays that shone upon her kingdom.

"Since we were schooled and bred for this, I trust you know that I took the crown right after my parents died..." Eric continued her statement.

"Has it not been a burden for you?" Maria asked.

"Not really... I am typically not there anyway. I leave my sister to do my job while I go to voyages-" Eric was cut off by Maria.

"By means of voyages, I wager that you spent your whole life with Hans somewhere..." Maria looked at Eric with a smirk.

Eric blushed then he looked away. "So what if I did?"

"You really love Hans, don't you?" Maria smiled sweetly at him.

"Honestly, yes... Who wouldn't? You must admit, you too, admire him." Eric returned the smile.

The two royals walked out of the castle and were greeted with warm applause and cheers. It all felt nostalgic for the the princess. She could imagine her brother by her side as she walked the same carpet thay he walked years ago.

"Reminiscing, I see..." Eric said as he continued walking with Maria latched onto his arm.

"Indeed I am... My brother must be watching from the other side." Maria smiled at the sky.

"I am, and I am proud of who you became..."

Sarah arrived at the plaza holding her brother's crown. She was also carrying with her, her crystal ball to monitor her kingdom while she was away. She took a seat at the front by the reserved seat for her brother.

Maria and Eric continued walking and people praised her name as they continued with every step. She could see the people's smile at her as the sun sets. They continued walking and when they arrived at the plaza after a long traditional procession, the sun was about to set.

There, Ms. Belle was, standing by the kingdom treasure and the throne, ready to crown the Orient's queen. Eric escorted Maria to the platform, closer to Ms. Belle then he sat beside his sister who gave him his crown.

Maria knelt before the throne then Ms. Belle presented the glowing scepter towards her before asking, "Do you, Princess Maria Venice Victoria Elizabeth Helen Paris Cordovin Wordsworth, use the power that you have, as symbolized by the scepter, only for the good of the people and not for your own selfish and malicious intent?"

"Indeed I, Princess Maria Venice Victoria Elizabeth Helen Paris Cordovin Wordsworth, shall only use the power that was entrusted unto me by the people of this kingdom for their good." Maria vowed. When she took the scepter, she felt a familiar warmth that she only felt for a short while.

"I present you this crown, a symbol of this kingdom's unity, in which you shall embody once this crown rests upon your head. Do you vow to keep the kingdom united until the fall?" Ms. Belle continued.

"I vow to retain peace and unity among our brethren and sisters until the fall of the crown." Maria replied.

Ms. Belle took the crown from the throne then she lifted it on Maria's head before saying, "Lastly, princess, do you swear to put your people first before your own benefit even if your life is on the line?"