Prussian

Hans and Eric finally got reunited after years. They gave each other a tight hug then both were at the verge of tears.

"Brother... It's been years..." Hans smiled as tears ran down his face.

"Indeed it has... My sister took my place as I fight this war... How have you been?" Eric tried stopping his tears from falling as he smiled.

"Sarah... I remember how much of a despicable young girl she was." Hans laughed. "What brings you here?"

"A letter for war and Maria's coronation. We'll be fighting alongside her." Eric smiled.

"I heard you caused a massacre." Hans frowned.

"It's a few of our Madaran spies that have been sent here for years. They have no use for me so I dismiss them. I do not wish for them to suffer when the war begins." Eric sighed.

As they talked, Sarah watched from her crystal as she sat on the throne.

"Your majesty, your brother is near to finishing the mission. All he needs is the order to evacuate." The herald told her as he stood on the bottom of the stairs.

"Tell him to evacuate the people of the Orient and send them outside the walls. A war is about to happen." Sarah smirked as she rested her cheek on her fist. "Tell them to make sure that Andreia doesn't get out of those walls, alive."

All the events were happening simultaneously. They all got ready for the impact of such war and even Sarah, who was far away, felt anxious for her brother might not come out of there alive if Cassandra played her cards right.

Lady Clara was with Cassandra in the royal archives as they examined every map of the kingdom.

"If Feliz is what she thinks she is, she can ambush me from all corners of this castle. Unless I-"

"Lady Cassandra, are you sure you do not wish to pull back?" Clara interrupted as she looked carefully into the floor plans of the castle.

"She questioned my honour. I might as well die than to live in such humiliation." Cassandra gritted her teeth.

"You knew that she spoke the truth in that courtroom just today... Didn't you?" Clara asked before turning towards Cassandra.

"She lies as she breathes. Why would I immediately accept such bold claim?" Cassandra raised an eyebrow, trying to conceal her frustration.

"Because only one person in this world has such bloody eyes that pierce through everything." Clara clarified.

"And who might that be?" Cassandra asked in a cicky tone.

"The descendant of Queen Elisamae Victorina Eurosia Yuki-Onna Aiesha Vivian Annaya Detinos-Cephas, Maria. You are aware of the legend... Correct?" Clara answered.

"Of course I do... But a bold claim must be verified. As of now, she only has her name to hold on to and that is not much evidence. She challenged me to a duel one or both of us might not leave alive. I'll make a million mistakes but if it meant proving my family wrong, I'd gladly." Cassandra smiled, hiding the strife behind her expressions.

"But if I were to give you the advice you need as your advisor, I'd say you should pull back." Clara sighed, putting the last pin on the last entrance of the castle.

"I am not going to change my mind, Clara... You side with her in this war, I understand. Tell no soul of this but being exiled is not the best feeling in the world... My aunt has been taking care of me for years and I only think of getting my throne back so I can give back all the things she did for me. I love her so much and I really wish she knew how grateful I am." Cassandra's tears started to roll down her face as she looked down on the maps in front of her.

"I must be off then..." Clara frowned.

"Before you leave... Can you please..." Cassandra asked for one last time.

"I'll tell Madame Cherie that you wish to send best wishes." Clara smiled before leaving.

As Clara, Hans and Eric evacuated the remaining villages, Maria was inside her old room as she looked into the vanity.

"How sure are you of your victory?" Elise asked.

"I must win for the welfare of the people. Madame Cherie, Clara, the young children in the orphanages I visited as a kid and for everyone... My parents will see me wearing that crown." Maria swore.

"I tell you this right now, you'll have to accept my deal sooner or later..." Elise smirked.

When the kingdom became empty and no person was left inside the kingdom walls, Maria and Cassandra took weapons with them before going to the plaza. Lady Clara and Hans were outside the walls with the people, keeping them safe. Sarah, still on her throne, refusing to stand up for anything, watched the duel as the two women pointed their swords at each other.

"We could settle this diplomatically, you know? But I understand... Queen Victorina never cared for niceties." Cassandra smirked.

"You are quite right with that, darling." Elise smiled in a sinister manner.

"I know, but if it meant being screamed at as I proved my point, I would have none of that. But when I win, we can have a last meeting so we could have a ruling... And if you win, I leave the kingdom to your disposal... Much to my dismay." Maria sighed.

"No-" Sarah's eyes opened wide. "Is she mad?! Paying your people off for a stupid wager?! That is borderline insane!"

"So, do you agree with the terms?" Maria asked as she caressed the blade of the sword while wearing a sinister smile on her face.

"I have no complaints, now let's dance." Cassandra stood in a defensive stance.

"Gladly." Maria attacked first.

The clinking of the blades echo throughout the land and Eric only watched. He was not going to let any one of them die before the ruling so he had to spectate. They fought in silence, putting both of their best feet forward. Maria had no special training but Elise was slightly helping her with every move she made.

With every attack from one of them comes a counter attack from the other. The both of them were moving ever so fast and swift to the point they were slightly exhausted. The only rule they set was: no one gets killed.

Cassandra struck Maria's sword so hard that it flew across the plaza, leaving Maria defenseless. The blow was so hard that Maria's cheek was cut and blood dripped.

"Andreia, that's enough." Eric told as the two continued fighting.

"Dead men tell no tales and I'll make sure of it." Cassandra was about to strike Maria but Eric interfered, putting his sword before Maria.

"I told you to stop." Eric glared.

"We'll finish this after the hearing." Cassandra gibed as she threw her sword.

"Maria... This might take a while..." Eric sighed while Cassandra walked away. "After the hearing and you win the people, I bet she's going to want your head on a platter."

"And you expect me to keep her alive?" Maria furrowed her eyebrows.

"No... But I would prefer if you don't get blood on your hands..." Eric said in a monotonous tone.