Crimson

In the west mourned all the people of Madara. They lost a hero who was very loyal to them. A ceremony was being held in the castle as all the friends and family start to give their messages.

"My dad was a fearsome warrior with a heart of gold. He was a man that was a role model for all. I never got to spent much time with him but it was okay, for I know that he uses his time to serve this kingdom for the greater good." Hans said. "Dad, I still can't believe that you're gone, that you're never going to be beside me ever again. Say hi to mom for me, until we meet again."

Right after Hans delivered his message, he went outside the castle then took a deep breath before falling on his knees and crying.

Eric followed him without hesitation then he watched his dearest friend cry. He never saw Hans this helpless.

"Hans... It's okay, you're gonna be alright, everything's gonna be okay." Eric told Hans before hugging him.

"I w-w-will nev-er s-see h-im again..." Hans stuttered between his tears.

"It's okay, he is where the wind takes him." Eric told Hans as he patted the latter's head.

"I will make sure he won't die in our hearts..." Hans thought to himself.

He hugged Eric as he cried so hard. He doesn't have anyone else eft but Eric and Sae... He never felt so loved in his life.

As for the east, Maria ran away from the castle with the guilt of her brother having to kill Hans' father for her sake. She hid in the dungeon where she no one goes to but the guards.

"Princess, the dungeon is no place for you..." The dungeon guard told her. He did not want to let her in.

"Can you please let me in, this part of the dungeon is empty anyway... Please don't tell anyone." She asked.

He nodded then opened the door for her to enter before locking it again. She walked the damp dungeon, where light barely shone on the cells. She heard hissing and yelling but it did not faze her, even the slightest bit. After all, it was not Maria who was walking.

"Stay right here... Where you belong. It was your fault that he died... Oh, what a terrible fate." Elise told her.

"Shut up!" Maria's voice echoed throughout the dungeon.

"How feisty... What would you do if I said that I can help you through this?" Elise asked.

"What do you need?" Maria asked herself.

"I'm your other half... The half that your mother also had... The one she locked away to be forgotten... I was persecuted in this damp void. Set me free, I will help you." Elise smirked.

Maria closed her eyes, she went unconscious so she could go inside her head. She saw a girl clad in red with black hair and yellow eyes. The girl was inside a cage with no lock or door, she was really trapped.

"Remember me?" The girl smirked without looking at Maria.

"Are you-" Maria stopped as the girl looked at her straight into the eyes with her glowing yellow eyes.

"We struck a deal once... But I can't fully help you without being set free..." the girl explained. "Your mother is truly great for trapping me here... Like how she trapped hers."

"My mother?" Maria felt her tears sliding on her cheeks as she remembered her mother.

"Such a wise one she is... But sadly such a fate..." the girl mocked. "Quite an irony... Letting her heart rule her judgement."

"You don't know anything about my mother!" Maria shouted.

"Oh dear, but I do..." the girl smiled. "She was the one who trapped me here anyway..."

Maria fell on her knees, she doesn't know what to say or what to do... She was but a child afterall.

"That's why I brought you here... Cause I help unfortunate people, like you dear." The girl continued.

"I don't believe you... You lie between your teeth..." Maria said with a glare.

"Oh, but that's what I really do! I go helping poor unfortunate souls such as yourself!" The girl claimed. "Now why don't we shake on it?"

"Shake on it?" Maria asked as she crawled closer to the cage.

"Yeah! Don't you want to shake my hand and set me free? I can do whatever you want... But it you will need to offer something." The girl comprimised.

"But I don't have m-" Maria told her.

"Shush! I am not asking much, just a token or a trifle!" The girl cut her off.

"What can I offer?" She asked.

"I don't know... We could start small... Like you innocence perhaps?" The girl reached out.

Maria was getting deep into thought when she heard fast approaching footsteps.

"You don't have to answer now... My name is Elise Cephas and don't forget it. Call me when you need my assistance." The girl introduced again.

"Maria!" A woman shook her unconscious body.

Maria opened her eyes. It was all blurry and the light was still shining. It ws probably the afternoon and she just woke up. The woman gave her a hug then said, "I thought you were gone..."

She saw more clearly and it was Lady Clara in front of her. She couldn't speak for she was at loss for words but she remembered a name that she knows will stick to her like a parasite.

As for Cedric, he just woke up after oversleeping. He did not hear a knock on the door waking him up this time, which was odd. Normally, Maria comes to wake him up but that time, she didn't. He thought nothing of it for he thought of other things. He went to get his journal then started to write again.

December 28th,

I just killed someone... Someone that I never knew... But according to what I heard, he was from Madara. It was an unexpected ambush and he had a son... I feel so guilty...

I haven't heard from Maria in a while... It has been two days... I wonder where she is... Probably with Lady Clara...

I found something in the crown and I don't know what it means, I might find out some time...

Back to what I was writing... I saw nothing but crimson. The color of his blood was crimson. Not that I am proud of knowing which exact shade of red it was but... The colour gave me chills... Which reminds me, Maria's eyes are the same colour, except when they glow. It's weird but so beautiful. I mean my sister is gorgeous.

I don't know, but I never felt so scared of seeing crimson before this... I got cuts and wounds here and there before, and I did not feel the same chills... Maybe it was because I never had blood on my hands or in my conscience before... I guess this is part of the responsibility I got... I never even got a heads up.

On the other note, Maria, where are you?

I h-

He couldn't continue writing, he heard a loud and sudden knock on his door. It was Lady Clara with Maria on her hands, half alive, or in this case, half unconscious.

"What happened?"