chapter thirty two: down and dirty

i just wanna state that toxic masculinity is a thing and some of you in the previous chapter are really spiking on cameron in that category lol

i was actually going to make daisy much more physically abusive but i don't know much about it, so I left it be.

could cameron overpower a woman? very likely yes. but did he do it? no.

glad I could clear that up, continue reading x

LINDY'S POV

It felt great to be back home.

The honeymoon was so nice, but the last three days weren't so great. After Nate and I argued over family planning, I spent the rest of that day ignoring him. He tried to talk about it again that night, but I fell asleep ignoring him and facing the other way. I don't think he knew I had my airpods in, so my music was a bit louder than he was.

We talked again the next morning but things were just a bit awkward. Conversation felt forced. But then he did apologise to me, and I did too. After that, it was okay.

Nate and I did have a cuddle this morning that I initiated, so that kind of sealed everything up. I think we were just in Bali too long and wanted to be home. It felt a lot better. I'm yet to continue thinking about the expanding family situation. He doesn't seem to understand that I will want a baby, but just not at this current time.

He's gone to work today too, but we're meeting everyone for lunch so I'll be seeing him soon.

I just had a meeting with some new models that were included in the Summer 2020 magazine, and it was inventive. Lots of work got done and things were progressing well, so my first day back has been nice. In my office, there were gifts from my coworkers on my desk and a beautiful burgundy satin dress waiting for me, sent to me by the editor-in-chief. He was lovely.

I really enjoy my job, and it has great perks.

Currently, I was with Cameron at the restaurant. We got here early - fifteen minutes earlier than everyone else, but the waiters let us sit at our reserved table anyway.

"Can I get you two started with some drinks?" A young girl who looked to be in her teens, asked us.

"Umm... I think I could do with some frozen raspberry lemonade." He tells her, and looks at me, waiting for me to speak up for myself. I like the sound of that.

"I'll have the same, thank you." I say, and she smiles with a nod before walking off.

"Copycat," he joked, and I laughed it off.

"It sounds really good."

He agreed. "So, first day back at work? How was it,"

"It was great. I came in to a photoshoot being started, and met up with some new scouts. My office was filled with congratulating flowers, chocolates and a dress," I chuckled.

He smiled. "That's so sweet,"

"Yeah. How was it having Rosco?"

"Great. He's much more of a people person now, for sure. It didn't take him long to warm up to us," he tells me. My phone lights up on the table, where I see Nate had texted me, letting me know that he'll be here any minute. I looked back at Cameron as he spoke.

"Oh that's good!" I chuckled, and the waitress came back with our drinks. She asked if we were ready to order, and we told her to come back in about five minutes. Nate walked in as I told her, so Isaac and Madison should be here soon too.