chapter twenty one: millionaire's on tinder

CAMERON'S POV

I should be appreciating my last night in Honolulu with my best friends, especially Isaac, who just tied the knot. Instead, I faked being tired and ill with a migraine so I could order some food and brood in my hotel room. I was looking forward to having dinner with everyone on this New Years Eve, but I'm stuck being a little bitch. Its currently about seven in the evening, so there is just under five hours until the new year, 2020.

Work is something I love to do when I needed to get my mind off of something, and in this case, that something is my dear Melinda Grace Marcellano. I had a lot more emails than expected, so I responded to most. Some I didn't reply to, because they were spam emails.

Why can't I just have Lindy back?

I wish I never let her go.

I am impeccably foolish and distraught. She told me to fuck off. She told me it was over. There, I had been hit with realisation that I'm never going to get her back. And I should stop trying.

I wanted to forget this night, but I can't go back to alcohol. Not again. If I do, the only person who could bring me back to sobriety would be Lindy and she pretty much hates my guts. Even if I do, is she likely to care? No. I wanted to drink it all away, but I was afraid of going back to that dark dark place I was once in. It's all just the thoughts of the little pros and mostly cons of the outcome.

I could just order some up to the room, right now. Then I get a three texts. All from my best friend.

isaac fkn darton
you missed a bomb ass dinner
it was great i wish you were here
come back to the airbnb man, we all want you here

cameron
lindy doesn't want me around her

isaac fkn darton
she just wants you to stop trying to get in between her and nate man! let's be honest you're not gonna get her back ever and those are the facts bro
now come back to the bnb
stop being a bitch

cameron
fucking hell isaac
i just wanna be alone right now

isaac fkn darton
if you are not here in one hour i will come get you myself
get off ur ass
and you better not be drinking some shit. you know the rule, 3 max.

cameron
im not drinking. but highly fucking considering it

isaac fkn darton
ffs
me and mads are coming to get you
wait in the damn reception

cameron
isaac no
just have fun ok?

isaac fkn darton
nah
not without you
omw now bbycakes

I roll my eyes at his last text. I quickly get in the shower. It would be about half an hour until he arrives and I don't take long to get myself together. I put the outfit I had planned back on after my wash, and leave my sleepwear on my pillow, ready to put on later.

Although I was pissed at Isaac for forcing me to come back to the party, I was grateful. He cared for me so much and I never want to give that away. Madison and I were closer now as well. They are both exceptional people.

Only my best friend has been here for me through everything. He will spit the facts when it's the last thing I want to hear. A friend like that is a friend you should never lose. They will get you through anything.

madison Darton
hey hope you're all good! we can talk about it all on the way back to the party. we love you
be there in ten x