Chapter 19

After a long deserved sleep, which made me realize that it was now 2:30 in the afternoon. Luckily it was Saturday or I'd have alot of explaining to do as to why I missed the day, not that I'd need it because after this semester I don't have to put that much time into school work because I only had 4 classes a week. Anyway when I got up and dressed I made my way to Emily's, shocker there.

On the way there I'd gotten a call from Bella saying that she was alright and that she'd be home soon, hopefully with Edward much to Jake's disliking. If that vamp hurts her in such a way again, he's going to wish he died the first time by the time I'm done with him.

I know Bella feels deeply for him, like it's almost like an obsession rather than true love. But what do I know. I've lived so long but am only getting my first (and last) boyfriend now, whom I'm bonded with for all eternity. Back to Bella, she's very impulsive to put it nicely and would even die to save this supernatural creature. But, at the end of the day she's only human.

When I got to Emily's she was cleaning the kitchen whilst softly humming to herself, an unrecognizable tune. She smiled at me as I sat at the table not even having to say anything to keep eachother company. Eventually the silence was broken.

"What you did last night was so kind and caring, I wanted to thank you," she says handing me a sandwich that I gladly took.

"It was nothing really I wanted to be there for them," sometimes my own selflessness surprised me in more ways than one. I've always liked helping those in need without drawing attention to myself but still doing something to lend a hand.

"So Jake told us about Bella's latest fiasco," she states sitting down beside me with two cups of hot cocoa.

"Yeah Charlie is probably furious right about now, like I know she's 18 but the poor guy worries constantly for her because she's like a beacon for rash and stupid decisions," I say before eating my sandwich.

"I think Bella would've been better off with Jake because in all the time that she spent hurting, he managed to fix her broken heart. She might not know it but she does love him in the way he loves her," she replies and I couldn't agree more.

If only Jake imprinted on her then it would make it easier for her to forget Edward because she'd be bound to Jake forever though she might not like the fact that as long as he shifts then he won't age but at least she could be happy and have a family of her own one day.

I also wish that she wasn't thrown into this world because it's not safe for humans to know about it and even the ones that don't still often get hurt because nomads don't really care who their victims are they just want to quench the almost never ending bloodlust. However if fate wants Bella to be apart of this world I won't stop her, unless she wants to become a vampire.

You see if one of the Cullens were to, say bite a human, not kill one but just bite one, then the treaty would be over and also the vampire who bite the hand would die. A curse concocted by yours truly not that I wanted them to die but I wanted to keep my allience with with Quileutes. But that's enough of that.

We talked for awhile longer before hearing to familiar call that the pack makes when they are back from patrol or a chase. They all came waltzing into the house, shirtless once again but it's normal at this point. Last to enter was Sam followed by a happy looking Seth and a begrudgingly looking Leah. I guess they shifted sometime today or last night.

The female wolf had a pained look on her face as Sam went and kissed Emily and the tension became so awkward.

"Hey love let's go of a walk or something," Embry says gently lifting me up from my seat, a huge smile on his face.

"Sure love," I say waving goodbye to everyone before following Embry out the door. Like always our hands found each other's and intertwined together as we made our way through a path in the surrounding forest.

"What was with the tension back there?" I asked gazing at some wild flowers that were in bloom along the path.

Embry sighed "Leah used to date Sam a year or so ago but he ended up imprinting on Emily, when she came to visit from the neighboring tribe, while they were still dating. Sam hates what he did to Leah because he had no control over it and well Leah still hasn't gotten over him," this made sense but it must've made the pack mind even more awkward.

"We're surrounded by love triangles, next thing you know someone going to come along and try to take me from you," I joked hoping that didn't actually happen.

"I wouldn't let that happen, I'd shift in front of him so that he's so scared he'll run away," he states making me laugh.

"You can't just shift in front of people, the less people who know the tribes secret the better," I conclude.

"Oh please if anyone is stupid enough to phase in public it probably be someone who ended up shifting very young," he says and he's probably right. Because someone younger would be less likely to control their emotions.

Eventually we came into a field that was littered with flower blossoms, it was so breathtaking. We sat down on a bare patch of grass and just went into our own little world for awhile, just enjoying each others company. We were just two kids who were in love and didn't have a care in the world.

Out of all the people who could've been my soulmate, I'm glad it was Embry....