Chapter 20

Author's Note: hi guys!! Thank you for reading my book and showing love! 30k?? Insane! I'm so so so sorry about the late updates but I've been very busy with school and work. Hope you enjoy the new chapter.

[c.d]

"I have no choice but to suspend you for a week Dallas" Mr. Brown says and I get up from my seat

"I'll be contacting your parents!"

"Yeah yeah, fuck off" I say as I exit his office and head straight for my locker.

I grab my bag and throw it over my shoulder and slam it shut. I speed down the hall towards the stairs.

I'm fucking pissed. I'm raging. Out of all people, Mike? Mike?? C'mon Cara you're better than that. That should've been ME going through these big milestones with you.

I'm a couple steps away from the staircase until I look over to the hall on my left and see Cara's back facing me and I do a double take.

I stop...I don't even know why, it's like I'm begging her to turn around but without words.

Suddenly she shuts her locker and turns around. I notice her swollen eyes as she looks down at her phone and wipes a tear away from her soft cheek and sniffles from her rose pink nose. She looks up and her eyes meet mine and I gaze at her for a second then shake my head and continue for the stairs.

"Cameron wait" she says as I hear her footsteps quickly approach but I don't respond

"Cam please. Please!" She begs but I continue

"shit" she mumbles as I head down the stairs and into the parking lot

Something in me wishes she would've followed me, but I know I wouldn't have answered anyways.

** 2 weeks later **

[c]

I sit in lunch as Mike grabs my thigh and I look over at him and give him a slight smile.

"You okay?" He asks and I nod as he tucks a hair behind my ear

" you've been off since that whole fight" he says as he gazes at me with his bruised face and I rub my thumb over it gently

"I'm okay" I say as I place a soft kiss on his lips

"Hey love birds" Braden interrupts and we look over at him and laugh

"Like I was saying-" Alexa continues and my mind wanders off and I look towards Cameron's table and imagine him sitting there.

He's been gone since the day of the fight, even though he was only suspended for a week, he's been skipping.

"Hellloooooo" Jade says as she waves her hand in my face

"What? Sorry."

"We're talking about Olly's party, he invited all of us"

"Oh" I reply as I feel my heart start to race

Olly = Cameron
Cameron = Hates me for life

"Oh, when?" I ask

"Tonight"

"You better not miss out on this" Tracey says and I sigh

"C'mon Cara have some fun. It's a Friday night" Mike says and I smile

"Fine, I'm in"

***
I step out of the car and Mike follows. I grab Jade's hand and we walk side by side as I'm already feeling a little buzzed after pre-gaming at her house.