Chapter 5

I grab my algebra binder and my calculator, I shut my locker and I turn to make my way to Jade's locker but I bump into a hard body.

"Oh, I'm sorry" I say

"It's fine, Cara" he says

I look up and it's Mike, my ex. He tucks my hair behind my ear and smiles "you okay?" He asks and I nod " yeah"

Mike and I dated for a year but we broke up because he cheated. I almost lost my v- card to him, actually I was so close until I looked over and saw him getting texts from "Chloe" I don't even know a fucking Chloe. We ended things and weren't speaking for a while, but now we're on a friend-ish status.

" feel like we haven't spoken in so long" he says

" yeah.. it's been a minute" I say while smiling
Before Mike can respond Jade calls my name.

"That's my queue" i say while laughing and he smiles
"We should hang out sometime" he says and I nod my head " maybe" I reply before walking away

" what was that about?" Jade asks and I shake my head " nothing really" I say and she shrugs. We start walking to class and we walk by the group of jocks and they're all making jokes laughing, I look and I see Cameron laughing, he makes eye contact with me and his smile disappears, I shake my head and I look forward.
I take my seat and I pull out a pen and start tapping on my books, I see Olly and Cam walking in and I look down at my books, I can feel him staring but I ignore it.

***
The bell rings and I walk to my locker to get my books for history, I shut my locker and I look down the hall and I see Cam at his locker, I walk down the hallway but he spots me before I can pass him.

" Cara.." he starts as he walks in front of me

" What" I say annoyed

"Come on.. you know you want me" he says while smirking and holding my waist

" get off me you horny perv" I say as I snatch his hands off my body and I walk to class.

***

I put my tray down on the table and my friends and I all start talking, making jokes, the usual.

" did you finish Bio?" Braden asks Tracey and he nods and pulls out his paper for Braden to copy off of.

I bite into my apple and I look around the cafeteria, I look at Cam and he's staring at me, I roll my eyes and look back at Tracey.

I will admit, even though I'm annoyed by Cameron right now that doesn't mean I hate him, maybe I do like him.

I look back over at Cameron and he has his arm wrapped around some blonde bitch, she's kissing on his neck like a fucking puppy, he sees me looking at him and his smile goes away

"Umm, I gotta get to Art before the bell, I have to speak to Mr. Roe" I say and they all nod.

I get up and throw my lunch out and before I walk out I make eye contact with Cam. I walk down the hallway and up the stairs, I hear someone running behind me and I look back

" go the fuck away Cameron!" I yell as I make my way to the girl's bathroom

"Stop avoiding me!" He yells as he follows me into the bathroom

"Get out! This is-" I say but he covers my mouth with his hand as a teacher walks by.

" be quiet. I'm only in here because you won't talk to me" He says

"Ohh, so since I won't talk to you, you have girls kissing your neck?? Real nice"

" it's nothing"

" yeah, you must treat everything as nothing! Because that's what Jennifer was to you too! I might as well be nothing."

" but you're not!"

I stay quiet and I stare at him and I shake my head.

" come on, bring back the Cara from this weekend."

" the smart" he says as he kisses my neck

"Witty" He says as he places another kiss on my neck

" fun" he says as he places another kiss

"Cara" he says but this time he kisses my lips

I give in and I kiss him back. He puts me on the sink and I put my head back, I'm enjoying the moment until I realize we're in a fucking school bathroom. I push him off and I jump down.

" sorry buddy but we're in school" I say as I walk out

" oh, so I'm buddy now?" He asks and I laugh as he follows behind me

" what? Don't like being friend zoned?" I ask and he licks his lips

" I mean you were just kissing me.. so I'm not that hurt" he says and I laugh and the bell rings

" listen to this" he says as he catches up with me and we're walking side by side now.
"Skip with me" he says and I look at him as if he had three eyes

" what?" I ask

" skip the rest go the day with me, it's only 4 more periods" he says

I bite my cheek " I don't know" I say and he grabs my arm and we stop in the middle of the crowded hallway " please?" He says and I look into his hazel eyes then I look up at his scruffy brown hair, then down to his big hand holding my arm.

" fine" I say and he smiles

" follow me" He says and he walks down the hallway to the elevator and he clicks the button, we get in and he presses the basement. We get down there and it's creepy and dark

" don't worry" he says as he takes the first step out, he walks to the wall and flips the switch, it's just a big room with a bunch of machines and stuff. He grabs my hand and leads the way to the exit, he opens it and makes sure the coast is clear, we both run out and get to the parking lot.

" drive your car to your house and I'll follow" He says

"Impossible, my mom is home" I say

" then my house" he says and I smile

***

I pull into his driveway and I park, I get out and I get into Cam's car.

He's a bad boy, I shouldn't fall for him, but I can't help myself.