Ch 10: Misson failed

Comenzar desde el principio

You: Tsk just a little more.

Using its large tusk and trunk, the Grimm started uprooting the trees you had grown with little effort. Your aura was all but drained now as you fell to your knees in exhaustion. Yatsuhashi then ran towards the Goliath, his sword raised.

Fox: Hold on!

Yatsu stops in his tracks as a bullhead descended into the area, firing heavy artillery at the Goliath, this made the Goliath flinch back in pain forcing it away from the team. The bay doors to the ship then opened up, revealing Professor Port who started firing his weapon at the remaining Grimm.

Port: Get in!

Fox: Coco! Yatsuhashi! We have to go.

Velvet: (shaking her head) No we have to fight!

Velvet flipped through her camera, hoping to find the right weapon that could fix everything.

Velvet: (pleading) No! We can still save them. We can-

Fox: (telepathy) No their gone! (Saldy) They're all gone, I can't sense them anymore.

Coco: I don't retreat!

Fox: (telepathy) Don't be stupid Coco!

Yatsu: (Helping you to your feet) Don't bother Fox, you know she won't listen. You and Velvet head for the airship.

Coco: Thank you, Yatsuhashi.

You gave Yatsuhashi a curious look, surely he wasn't really about to let Coco just stay and try to fight off all these Grimm. It wasn't until Coco had turned her back to the two of you that he quickly grabbed and threw her over his shoulder and made a break for the ship.

Coco: Yatsuhashi! Damnit put me down!

Holding the very angry Coco, Yatsu turn to look at you.

Yatsu: We should get going.

Yatsu hurried ahead as you took one last look at the clearing, the Goliath had already started making its way back from where it came, losing all interest in you and the others. You then put a hand to your neck and the realization that you were free had finally started to sink in. Even as tired as you were, nothing was stopping you from escaping into the forest.

You: (walking opposite direction of the ship) I could just leave, nothing's stopping me.

Velvet: (Fox's telepathy) Y/n we're leaving, where are you?

Her voiced stopped you right in your tracks. It didn't make any sense, here you were with a perfect chance  to go home but every fiber of your being right now was screaming at you to turn back.

You: (turns back) I'm on my way.

Turning around you had made it just as the bullhead started to take off. Yatsu and Fox both held a hand out to you as you leaped up and into the ship. Port resting his blunderbuss against the wall of the ship made his way back to the front of the ship without a word. Leaving you and the others to see the devastation that was Lower Cairn down below.

Coco: (fist clenched) We failed...

Timeskip of Chibi Port grooming his mustache.

It was noon the following day when you and the others finally landed back at Beacon, the team exited the ship to see many students gathered at the cliff side docks.

Coco: Damn... it's today, I complete forgot about it.

You: Why are there so many students here?