Not||Insane

Shawn's POV

I tried to keep them in while I was working. It worked, mostly. I smiled at the girl as I gave her the hot beverage.

I worked at a small little coffee shop that held reading session for the elderly, and kids.

I loved it, I liked watching couples snuggle up in the nooks and crannies of the old building. Maybe old loves rekindling or new ones coming up.

"Excuse me, Young man?" I snapped back into reality when a elderly woman with a gentle smile called for me.

"Yes ma'm?" I smiled. "You need sum-thin'?"

'Not like you could help anyway. You'd fuck up!'

"Could I get some Camilla Tea? Thank you, Sonny." She smiled and handed me the money. I nodded and gave her change, ignoring the demons in my head.

Seth was being a dick.

'Really? I'm the dick?'

"Yes! You're the dick." I seethed, and pressed buttons on the machine harshly.

I need to breathe.

'No, I need out. C'mon! I didn't misbehave that bad last time!'

Really? You almost killed a woman, ripped apart 3 dogs and you raped Josh.

'Could of done worse, ya know. Haha!'

I took several deep breathes soon, I couldn't hear him. So I put on a fake smile, grabbed the cup and headed towards the counter again.

I pressed my finger to the bell and called out for the woman. She once again greeted me with a smile and took the tea, thanking me.

Then a boy walked on he had on a some blue jean pants and a black obey t-shirt. One thing stood out for me, he had on a bandana. No one I've seen wears one, but he did.

And he rocked it

I bit my lip as he walked in. He didn't walk in with confidence though. The way he walked it was as if he was trying to hide his face.

He looked at me and smiled shyly. He looked at the menu and tapped his fingers. He stuttered and blushed like he was embarrassed.

"I would recommend the 'Pumpkin Spice Latte'. Everyone seems to love those this time of year." I smiled, he smiled a real smile and blushed harder.

" 'Kay I'll have one of those." I liked his voice, even though it was barely audible.

I prepared the beverage and I looked over my shoulder at him. For some reason he was sorting the randomized colored funky pens in some order.

"Here." I whispered. He jumped slightly and smiled as he took it in his palms.

He walked out the door, but he took a glance behind him at me before he left completely. Out of my life.