I fell asleep and left her defenseless.

The doctors take her to the hospital and I go with them, my arm stitched and a bandage placed over it. When I'm finished, I go to my mum and lay beside her, holding her. She's awake but tired, my apologies making me cry.

"I didn't mean to fall asleep," I cry, her fingers wiping my tears away.

"Harry it's not your fault. It's okay Haz."

She hugs me and the guilt I feel covers me. I fell asleep and she got hurt; my mind never being destroyed more.

End of Flashback

"She was beat and bruised all because I fell asleep. I don't sleep much because of it, always afraid something will happen if I do. Even the nights where nothing is wrong and all is good, I'm wide awake. I used to be affected but I don't sleep much so I'm used to it. But some nights, I can sleep for about two hours," I say, her lips parted. Her eyes are filled with concern and she keeps my gaze.

"Where are those men?" she asks, my shoulders shrugging.

"Last I heard, one's dead and the two other ones moved away because they didn't want to get caught. It took a toll on me and my mum for years," I explain, her hands tightening around mine.

"I-I can't even think of something to say. I'm sorry that happened...to you and your mother," she whispers, my lips curving lightly.

"Thank you. I'm fine now; I just can't sleep," I say, her head nodding. My muffin is finished and hers is as well, both of us not moving out of the booth.

"Is there something helps you sleep better?" she asks, my lips hiding a smile.

"You, kind of," I blush, scratching the back of my neck. My God I sound pathetic.

"Me?" she asks, my head nodding. She looks so cute when she blushes.

"I mean, when we have slept together...I sleep more with you there than I do in any other condition," I say, her expression one of happiness.

"That's weird," she smiles, my head nodding.

"I know, but it's true," I say, her lips so puffy.

We sit for a while and we keep our hands together, talking about her book. I've never felt this way about anyone before.

"Harry?"

My heart drops and I squeeze Marie's hands tighter, my eyes shutting closed. Of any day, any time she could've returned, she chose the one where I'm with Marie.

"Juliana," I state, standing and pulling Marie with me. Marie holds my hand and I look at the girl who hurt me, taking something from me that was never hers.

"Harry, you look huge; muscular," she says, my lips pursed.

"I-I've been working out," I say, Marie brushing her thumb along my knuckles.

"And you have a girlfriend," she smiles, my hand pulling Marie to my side.

"I'm Marie," the hazel eyed girl smiles, Juliana's eyes flashing with something I've never seen from her.

"Juliana. How long have you been together?" she asks, smiling at the two of us.

"Three months," I say, Juliana nodding.

"Listen, Harry, I-I'm sorry for what happened. It was a horrible move and I want to apologize. You're an amazing guy and I feel horrible about what happened," she tries, but I shake my head.

"It happened. And what happened is unforgivable," I say, Marie running her hand along my back.

"Harry, I'm sorry. It was three years ago and I was a stupid girl. Please," she pleads but I shake my head, walking out of the café with Marie holding my hand.