What's Next? - Part 52

"Wait... What do you mean you're leaving?" You whisper to Harry as you see him packing a back in the closet.

"Jackson and I are going to Cheshire for a few days or so." He says.

"And you didn't think to talk this over with me?" You say.

"It was a spur of the moment thing, Y/N. I just decided to go today when I was out with Jackson." He says.

"Okay, and you don't want Ella and I to go because?" You ask.

Harry sighs. "I just want us to go, okay?"

You sigh. Something was wrong. Harry never acted like this before.

"Did I do something?" You whisper.

"What? No. I just, I want some alone time with my son, is that too much to ask?" He asked a bit annoyed.

"Of course not, but why are you treating this like something that has to be done right at this moment? You just decided to do this a few hours ago and now you're already packing your things and going on the next flight out to the UK?" You say.

"Because I just want to go, okay? I miss my family and just want to see them. I already talked to Abby and she said it was okay, so I'm taking Jackson and we'll be gone for about a week or so." He says.

"And what am I supposed to tell Ella when she asks why both you and Jackson aren't here in the morning?" You ask.

Harry stopped what he was doing. He hadn't thought about that. He hadn't thought about Ella at all when all the thoughts about his relationship with you were going through his mind.

"Just tell her that Jackson and I went on a little trip together and we'll be back in a few days, which is the truth. I'll still call her and everything. I won't just not have any communication with her." He says.

"And what about me?" You whisper. "Will you call and talk to me?"

Harry didn't say anything, just went back to what he was doing. That pissed you off.

"Look, why don't you just do us both a favor and call what ever this trip is, what it really is. You want a break or space from me." You sniffle.

Harry sighs walking out of the closet placing his bag on the bed next to where you were sitting.

"What did I do?" You whisper.

Harry kneels down in front of you. "You didn't do anything, Y/N. It's just... I need some time to think about things. Jackson is my life and I need to make sure that decisions I'm making in my life, don't end up hurting him." He says.

"So, let me guess, I'm that decision? You think that by being with me is going to hurt Jackson?" You ask.

"I didn't say..." He sighs shaking his head.

"You didn't have to." You say getting up from the bed and going into the bathroom, slamming the door.

Harry runs his hands over his face before grabbing his bag and going to get Jackson. He was playing with his toys, his bag already packed.

"Ready to go see Nana?" Harry asks.

"Yea!" He giggles.

Harry smiles a bit and gathers Jackson's things. Jackson runs into your bedroom and knocks on the door.

"Mummy!" He giggles.

You wipe your face from tears quickly before opening the door.

"Hi baby." you force a smile.

"We go bye bye." He says.

"Have fun okay?" You smile giving him a hug. "I love you."

"Wuv ya too! Twell sissy I wuv her too.." He smiles.

"Don't worry, I will." You say.

"Okay. Jackson we better go." Harry says.

He nods giving you a kiss on your cheek before running over to Harry. Harry looks over at you, about to say something, but you just shut the door in his face. Harry hangs his head sadly before heading down the stairs and to the car.

**

You couldn't believe that this was happening. Never once had Harry ever questioned your relationship, at least that you knew of. What if he didn't come back? Well, technically he would have to come back, but what if he didn't come back to you.. to Ella. God, why did you let this happen.

Why did you open your heart to someone and let Ella get so fucking attached. She was going to lose yet another father, but at least she never knew the first one. Losing Harry was going to break her heart and yours in in the process.

Why did he have to go so soon? Was he that in a rush to get away from you? When you were sure that Harry was gone, you opened the door to the bathroom.

It was quite late in the evening, which was why Ella was asleep. You changed your clothes from what you wearing all day and go into Ella's room. You climb into bed with her, opening to keep yourself from crying because all you could think about was how you were going to tell your daughter that her father and brother had left...and what you would respond with when she asked when they would be back.

Because honestly, you didn't know and that's what scared you the most.

**

Harry had gotten to the airport in no time and he and Jackson were boarded on the plane. He knew it didn't look right for him to be leave in such a rush like he was, but he also knew that if he waited until tomorrow he would never go.

The reason for this little spontaneous trip home was so that he could spend some quality alone time with Jackson and so he could reevaluate his relationship with you. He wanted to get advice from his Mum about what to do and to make sure he was doing the right thing by pursing this relationship with you any further.

He was hoping he she would reassure him, but now after seeing how you reacted to him leaving, he was terrified that any hope of relationship with you after this, was gone.