Chapter 15

Trey Parker didn't fully believe in the story of an upcoming apocalypse.

He had a mad scientist wrapped around his little finger – Dr. Kent. He had a group of workers who would follow his every command, and now he had the most advanced technology and equipment in his possession, sitting peacefully in the laboratories.

Why would he bother with the myths about a possible attack from space? This was his time – his time to shine.

He had indisputable evidence and proof that extraterrestrial life exists. He had everything he needed to become the most powerful man on Earth. Why would he let all of that go for the sake of believing the story of some crazy, brainwashed kids?

"Don't you think it's a miracle that those kids came home after passing through so many galaxies?" Dr. Kent asked Trey, observing the most advanced weaponry he had ever seen. The two men were sitting in the laboratory, discussing the plan that they both had in mind, but neither of them dared to speak about it until the kids went to sleep.

Trey looked at Dr. Kent, a vicious smile barely noticeable on his tanned, wrinkled face. He brushed his fingers through the mess of his curly black hair that was slowly going gray, and let out a scornful chuckle.

"Yeah, it's a miracle." He said, his eyes glowing like the sparks of a relentless fire. "A miracle for us, Jasper. Don't you see it?"

Dr. Kent glanced at him, the mad beast of a man who was hungrier for power than any wolf could be. He nodded, waiting for his supreme to reveal what has been hidden in their minds for days.

"There is life outside of our little cannonball Earth. We have undeniable proof. We can do anything we want, Jasper. You and I." Trey smirked, his eyes turning even hungrier.

Dr. Kent felt intimidated, but he was never strong enough not to go along with Parker's insanity and maleficent ideas. He gulped, for the first time in his life afraid of the consequences; they were like mercilessly sharp needles, pushing into his temples and stinging ardently.

"What do you want me to do, Master?" He asked, completing the circle once again. He couldn't escape the claws of that beast in the skin of a man, because there was nothing better for him out there in the world. Trey was pulling him down with him to the rock bottom, and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

"The extraterrestrial life must be observed. Don't you think so, Jasper?" Trey asked, manipulating Dr. Kent without a single drop of sweat. He was pulling him into his web of evil, like a spider preparing to suffocate its victim.

Dr. Kent sighed, but there was no relief in his chest; only the heavy weight of crime that he was lured into and was about to commit.

"Tell everyone to prepare the spaceship for a trip back to Hiatune. I need more information. I need specimens of their breed. Get me... everything." Trey said, his eyes cold and dauntless. "And one more thing: make sure none of the kids sees anything."

"What do I get in return?" Dr. Kent asked, holding the door handle with a sweaty hand. He was already heading for the underground labs, ready to complete his task.

Trey smirked again. "All this technology...," he showed towards the equipment and weaponry lying on the tables, "it's yours. Do whatever you want with it. Make good use of it in your laboratories or sell it for billions in the black market, it's your choice."

Dr. Kent stared at the man he despised from the first day he started working for him, nodded hopelessly and pressed the door handle.

***

While others were asleep, Ivan Kent was showing off his personal collection of weapons to Olga, Roxy, Stephanie and Luca. The anxiety before the battle was depriving them of sleep, and Ivan made sure they were at least having fun if they couldn't get some rest.

The Homecomingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें