43. I've heard so much about you🙃

Andre's POV

I can't believe Ann introduced me as a friend to the lady she later introduced as their housemaid, nanny, whatever. We got here in less than two hours and she's ditched me already. Her introduction didn't help ease this feeling of rejection in me in the slightest.

It's like Ann is aware her parents and household don't like me and to make it less obvious, decided to introduce me as that, Ladies.

"Are my eyes deceiving me? Is it my little girl I'm seeing?" An older version of Ann got up from her seat upon seeing us, maybe Ann and not me.

"Yes mama, it's me right here." She run to hug Ann affectionately, showering her with kisses on her entire face. She surely misses her daughter. I see where Ann got her extreme beauty from, her eyes are just like her mothers and even her skin tone. Unlike her daughter, Ann's mother has a gap tooth, which I noticed when she smiled at me, finally acknowledging me.

"Hey there Andre." Have we met before? That statement almost left my mouth, had I not returned her smile. I looked over at Ann who, nodded her head at me, mouthing, she knows you, as if reading my thoughts.

She took me by surprise when she leaned into me, giving me a soothing hug. It felt so right for this moment. It gave me some kind of assurance I might be accepted for their daughter. "Hello Mrs Morrison."

"You look more handsome than the photos she sent me. I've heard so much about you." I stiffened, hearing the last words from her mouth. This is where the lashing out comes, I'm I ready to face her wrath?

She must have noticed me go rigid all at once. Mrs Morrison rubbed my arm in amusement, "don't worry son. All what I've heard about you are good things." This is where Ann also got her soothing rubbing habit, doing that to me times I'm nervous, angry or worried.

Can I be any happier? No, not yet idiot. Don't feel yourself too much. You haven't met the father. Speaking of him where's he? I haven't seen any elderly male here since we arrived. "Uh sure."

"I won't bore you two with my long talk. You can go upstairs into your rooms, we will talk more after you two get some rest." Mrs Morrison kept smiling at me and then turned to her daughter, "I'll show Andre to his room."

"Okay mum." Ann seemed to like the idea of her mother showing me to my room. She blew me a kiss, chuckling to herself. I winked at her, mouthing I love you too.

"Shall we go son? If you two are done here." I blushed and so did Ann. Mrs Morrison chuckles at our flushed faces and took my hand in hers.

Ann was behind us but stopped at a door and opened it. I notice her take a peep before entering, that must be her old room. We also went to the next door after hers, which I opened.

The room is quiet big. It's a modern luxurious room, painted in plain white. I like the room, it's my taste. Mrs Morrison caught me checking out the room, "it's one of the guest bedrooms we reserve for close families."

Close families? Does that mean she considers me one? "Uh thank you ma'am."

"Call me Mother, you're going to be my future son in-law." She nodded at me and sat down on the couch in the room, "do you know something Drey?"

"No ma'— mother." I corrected myself.

"I honestly like you. I trust my daughter enough to accept and know you're the right one for him. It's her first time falling in love and though we sometimes make the mistake in choosing wrong people to fall in love with, I think she did right in choosing you. Bertha told me about everything that happened and I want to thank you for not giving up on her. You proved yourself and your love in my eyes by fighting for your love." She paused and chuckled, "her father is the only one who isn't keen on the thought of you two back, he's going to be strict and pissed today but don't think too much into it. Beforehand, he's a dog and no bite. Be yourself if you want to get him to like you alright?"