Chapter seven: coming a long way

Once I had dressed and had an apple I rushed outside, put my shoes on and race to the barn.

"Yes" i echo out loud "the arena is free, i guess getting up early was a good plan "

I unlock the door as quickly as I can, grab jess's tack and run to her stall almost falling over the feed bucket as I go. I give her a pat good morning and give her a carrot.

Once I have tacked her up I mount and ride her outside to the arena. Se has a good shake as soon as we get out to the arena.

All of the jumps are set up from the groups yesterday, just as well because it takes a while to set it up. When we begin i have to ensure that I keep the advice Liz gave me in my brain, head up, heels down, check your position, soft hands!

The advice helps me, we complete the course and clear all the jumps with room to spare, Jessie really has come a long way.

We line up at the first oxer again because I decided we should do it again but with a different layout. It is silent, the only sound is the soft beat of Jessie's hooves. As we approach the jump I look up, check my position and my heels, all is good Jessie's legs tuck under her and we float over with a perfect landing.

" Look who's here!" I chuckle

" Yeah, yeah, whatever" Chase groans.'

" sorry!" I say sarcastically