Shipyard

There’s an ancient shipyard in a cave on the windward side of the island. Not ancient as in 'the Ancients', but ancient as in 'established in the early days of human presence on the planet'.

Abandoned once the decision was made to turn away from dependence on technology. Technology that requires mining for all sorts of minerals. Technology that causes pollution.

The technology may be old. The shipyard abandoned. But it can be used by the Storm Trident to facilitate their travel home. Temoth’s travel away from home for the first time ever.

He has no one to hold him back. His uncle who raised him passed away earlier in the year.

Storm and Temoth make their way through the jungle that covers most of the island. They find the cave. Enter in its darkness.

The Trident stands in the center of the cave. She raises her arms. Rises in the air.

Blue light sparks from her fingers. Energizes the space. Cleans it off all dust and vegetation.

The machinery gleams in the lights that are now lit. Most of it still in a working condition.

What was not operational, is made so by a movement of the Trident’s hands in the air.

The shipyard begins an automated sequence to construct a boat for two people.