Vale Sunrise

Dante took a calming breath. The Workshop burned, and in his hands was his mentor's weapon. It didn't feel right. He freed the old man after numerous attempts, and now he had to deal with this thing. It descended from the blood moon, claws poised and at the ready. The tentacles on the back of its head floated about.

"Moon Presence..."

The Great One roared despite lacking some form of a mouth. Dante roared back, transforming the Burial Blade into its' Scythe form. This would be his last hunt, and it would be nothing short of a worthy prey.

"The night and the Hunt... were long..." Dante mumbled as the Moon Presence fell. He was switching between the Holy Blade and Burial Blade, keeping the thing on its'... toes? Paws? Dante didn't know anymore, and honestly, he did not care.

This thing had confined his mentor to an eternal dream.

It deserved no mercy. Dante stepped out of the field of flowers and walked to the Doll. He knelt in front of her one last time. "What is it, Good Hunter?" Dante was wearing the clothes he wore when he first entered Yharnam. "What happens now?" He asked.

"Now? With the death of the Moon Presence, this Dream will collapse. You will awake under the warm sun." The Doll said, smiling. If she could smile.

"And you?" Dante asked.

"I am a part of this dream, Good Hunter. I had thought you had known that by now." The doll looked at him, confused as if that fact hadn't settled in right away.

"Oh. I suppose that is correct..."

"If it is any consolation, my Good Hunter, you will be free. Free from this Hunter's Dream. Gehrman did not have that chance when he became the surrogate of the Moon Presence."

Slowly, the Dream literally started to collapse. Bits of rock slowly fell into the foggy abyss below. "No..."

"Go, my Good Hunter."

"I cannot leave you. I cannot." Dante began to cry. The Dream seemed to fall apart faster.

"Now, now, my Dear Hunter, there is still time. I can bring you somewhere. Somewhere that isn't Yharnam."

"That matters not. I cannot leave you."

"I am but a doll." She simply said.

The back of the workshop fell into the abyss, and Dante did not want to leave. "Shut your eyes, and you will awake in a lush, green forest, teeming with life." The Doll took Dante's hand, and he no longer had a choice. He closed his eyes. "Goodbye, Doll..."

"Goodbye... my Dear Hunter..." Her words faded, and Dante felt himself being transported.

The Doll watched as the only Hunter that was kind to her faded into mist. Gehrman appeared at her side once more. It appears that a part of Gehrman was still here, tied to this collapsing Dream.

"This is the end, Doll."

"I know, Gehrman."

All around them, the Dream fell apart. Gehrman disappeared, reawakening most likely in Yharnam. The Doll fell, and as she did, her thoughts moved to Dante, his kind smile, the conversations they used to have. Oh, how he made her happy. 

"Oh Dante... I am sorry."

Dante's eyes flickered open. His hand was clenched tightly around the Burial Blade. "I am sorry." He heard in his mind. Dante immediately remembered. He scanned the surroundings. 'She did not lie when she said I would awake in a lush forest, at least... Wait.'