sept

-- -- -- Jun Switz -- -- --

i always get this rush of adrenaline when i land in a new country. i get so excited about everything going on around me that i actually forget how to breathe.

when i landed in moscow it was fairly late into the night. the skyline was beautiful, thousands of lights shimmering off the river. it reminded me of a painting that'd come to life. even surrounded by hundreds of people brushing by, i felt sucked into a reality all my own as i stared out the windows of the airport.

after a moment i snapped out of my trance and remembered that i needed to find my host family. i quickly went to the baggage claim and grabbed my shiny rose gold luggage.

the airport was quite large so instead of getting lost looking for a needle in a haystack i shot them a quick text.

eventually i found them near one of the gift shops by terminal 1. my face lit up at the little family. i nearly dropped my luggage rushing over to them.

there was a older man who had dark hair and eyes, an older woman with frizzy blonde hair pulled into a log braid. her lips were stained red and she had the cutest smile. beside them was a younger guy who i assumed was around my age. he was tall with chestnut colored hair and a strong jaw.

"hi," i waved trying to remember the phrases i practiced on the plane. "uhm... menya zovut iyun."

the woman chuckled at my bad pronunciation. "aww konfetka don't worry we speak english." her accent was heavy but not to the point where i didn't understand what she was saying.

i blushed. "okay, well i'm jun and i assume you're ksenia?"

"mhm, come along now, let's go to the car." she grabbed my hand in her warm one. "evgeni grab her bags."

i sent him a light smile. i didn't want him to think i was some spoiled brat because i wasn't. "thank you."

"no problem."

they lived in a two story house made from a variety of red colored bricks. it smelled like cinnamon and ginger which made me smile.

my room was on the top floor. it was big with a white wardrobe and vanity, a canopy bed with dusty blue tulle and lights floating around it. around the vanity were a bunch of cute drawings of anime girls and aesthetic things; they even hung pink fairy lights up, adding a juvenile touch to the room. there was a shelf with a bunch of odd little knick knacks and it was all so cute. there was even a fluffy baby blue carpet sat in front of the bed and a teddy bear tucked by the pillows.

"i love this..." my hands were muffling my voice as i walked in. "this is amazing! i-"

evgeni chuckled, leaning against the doorway. "so you like it?"

i nodded wildly causing strands of my hair to stick to my lips gloss. "thank you so much." i hugged him, squeezing him tight.

"oi!" he laughed, petting my head. "you're welcome."

they had done so much to make me feel at home and i appreciated that so much. i couldn't even remember the last time i stayed somewhere decorated like this. it felt so personal and so different from the sparse furniture i was used to.

it made me feel like i was back home with my own family, in my childhood bedroom.

St. Petersburg, Moscow

 Petersburg, Moscow

liked by hyuhyu and 5,120 otherskarlousgirlfriend // ive landed in moscow and my host family says this is the room im staying in and fuck i cant even sleep im so emotional

karlousgirlfriend // ive landed in moscow and my host family says this is the room im staying in and fuck i cant even sleep im so emotional. its perfect and feels like home and i feel so warm ahhhh i wanna scream im so happy.

{comments}
user1 aww babe thats so cute
user2 love that for you
user3 moscow!!? why?
>> karlousgirlfriend uhm just bc .. and i wanna learn about as many cultures as possible
user4 do you miss your family while traveling
>> karlousgirlfriend all the time you dont understand
user5 the beds so pretty