•twenty eight•

Start from the beginning

Taehyung was starting to realise day by day how much of a scaredy cat you really are.

"Taehyung, don't you dare let go of my hand.", you tell him firmly, your voice sounding more serious than ever.

"I won't, sweetheart.", he says, laughing on the inside, "It's just a small step, come on, you can do this."

It really is just one step between the dock and the boat but what's going through your mind is a lot more complicated than that. You could slip and fall into the water and then drown even though you can swim and it's not even that deep. But still.

An odd noise escapes your throat and you take a large step, your feet leaving the dock. Trusting Taehyung, you hold tightly onto his hand and fall into his hard body.

"See? That wasn't so bad.", he says, comfortingly.

"Uh huh.", you say, not letting go of him.

He chuckles, "Let's go find our seats, come on."

The dive boat was moderately big, nothing too extravagant, just enough to carry all the equipment to take you two scuba diving. Crazily enough, this isn't an activity that scares you. It's you who suggested it in the first place.

Being underwater and seeing the colourful corals, seaplants, sea animals and so much more. No fears cross your mind when you think about all of that. It only excites you, becoming more than grateful for being able to see all of that and having an extraordinary man giving you the opportunity to do so.

The boat ride is peaceful. The two of you stay locked in each other's arms, sitting at the very front of the boat while wind blows past, ruffling your hair into the air, your pearl locks standing out against the blue sky.

Taehyung admires you, thinking you've been plucked out of a movie while you look so perfect to him in that moment.

He holds you tight, his strong arms wrapped around you while he whispers sweet words into your ear, making you laugh as you stare across the passing waters that strike a familiar blue like his hair.

After a while, the dive boat comes to a gradual halt and the instructor comes down towards you both. While dressing you up in the equipment, Taehyung can't help but laugh at you and you kick him in the shin.

"Why are you laughing?", you complain.

Between laughs, he tells you, "You're practically drowning in that life jacket already."

You look down at yourself than at him, realising how the equipment perfectly fits him but takes over your small body. Even when the instructor attaches your oxygen tank, you stumble a bit, almost losing your balance by the uneven weight balance. This too cracks Taehyung up.

Trying not to laugh with him, you punch his arm, "Oh, shut up." You can't help how small you are.

"Alright, we'll jump off here." The instructor tells you, "And of course, I'll join for safety."

The two of you nod like little children as he informs you and leads you to the side of the boat. Taehyung goes first without hesitating and seeing him jump so easily off a height shakes your heart for a second.

You swallow and your shoulders don't loosen until you see his head pop up again from under the waters. He takes out his mouthpiece to reveal his smile, giving a thumbs up.

Letting out a breath, you force a smile back and ready yourself to jump next. It takes a little more convincing but you don't want to keep anyone waiting too long so you count to three and let yourself fly. The warm wind rushes past you before you crash into the warm waters and you're engulfed by the blue.