Chapter two

Emily's POV

"Come on Emily, let's get to work now, it's time to get out of the shower babe" Lily yelled from downstairs.
It's time to get ready for work and face the music.. haha literally. In all honesty I'm still not used to the fact that I now own this record label, it's quite difficult due to the fact that I never really showed interest when my parents were alive.. but I never expected them to die so suddenly.. thankfully I have Lily, she is very clever and extremely business smart she studied all that kind of stuff.. all I was ever interested In was music. Yeah I sing and write songs but I'm not that good, I just love singing my own pieces though.
"Okay Lily, I'm ready let's go and hope to god today goes smooth" I rolled my eyes.
"Oh stop it Lily, you will be fine and besides you have a smart cookie as your assistant" she winked at me. We leave the house, I make sure it's all locked up, then we get into my car.
"Lily I swear to god if you choose your crappy country much I'm going to scream" Lily started laughing.
We arrived at the office on time, and got straight in to business. Since Justin Bieber got signed through us, we have been extremely busy as all the top singers want to sign with us, so I get to decide who we do and don't sign.

Lily's POV

As we are going through the list of singers one catches my eye, I freeze and open my mouth. "Oh my goodness Emily, you would never believe who wants to join Rise above records. My mouth stays open.
"Oh wow I've never seen you in this much shock haha, who is it?" She giggled.
"DEMI FRIGGEN LOVATO OH MY GOD! Please Emily, please let her in I will get down on my knees if I have to" she rolls are eyes at me, she isn't that big of a fan, she doesn't have many favourites to be honest.
"We will go through the list properly, see how many we can pick and go from there lily, relax okay".

Emily's POV

She is dying for me to pick Demi Lovato, Lily is my number one, of course I'm going to pick her but I want to play around with her a little bit first. We have a meeting with the board tomorrow, so after we go through this list and choose 3 people that are wanting to sign with us, they will then have a contract for 5 years with Rise above record labels.
We already have 10 well known artists such as;
Justin bieber
Ariana grande
Cardi B
Miley Cyrus
Ed Sheeran
Noah Cyrus
Lil nas X
The weekend
Duo lipa
Lewis Capaldi
So as you can tell it gets extremely busy.

As the day ends I finally get to go home and sink a bottle of vodka, I drop lily home and 5 minutes later I get home, I enter my house and get undressed, finally I pull out a glass and pour some vodka and lime, I get ahead of myself and before I know it I'm passed out, it's the best feeling, I just can't describe it.

Published on the 29th of February 2020