Chapter five

I sat through the movie trying to hold back tears. I just embarrassed myself big time. James kept looking over to me but I didn't want to be bothered by him.

"Josie, I have to go. Bye James." I said my mind racing. I needed to be alone.

"Are you ok?" Josie asked.

"Yea, just. I have a stomach ache." I lied.

"Oh, we'll see you back at the hotel. Do you want me to bring you back medicine or something?" She asked.

"No, I think I have some. I just have to go." I said and left with my head down. I was walking pretty fast for wearing heels and I left the building. A tear slipped down my cheek and out of frustration I wiped it away and more just flooded down. I was still walking in the night and then I stepped in a pothole and my heel broke.

"Great." I mumbled to myself. Paparazzi where following me. I don't understand why it's not like I am famous. There was a little restaurant across the street and I slipped off my shoes and ran into the restaurant. It was late so I didn't see many people but I didn't really look. I sat in the booth and threw my shoes down and my makeup was smeared everywhere. This trip was horrible. I thought the trip would be a dream but it's a nightmare. I sighed and went into the bathroom. I fixed my face the best I could and then I realized this place looked familiar. This was the same building where that garden thingy is on the roof. I left the bathroom and found the back staircase. The only good part about this trip was the good view from this roof.

I tiptoes carefully up the staircase and went up all of the twists and turns. I opened the latch and climbed onto the roof. My bare feet got really dirty but I didn't mind.

"Hello?" I said loudly making sure I was by myself. No one answered. I gave out a big sigh of relief and walked over to the swing. I balled myself up and sat looking at the view. It really is beautiful. My mind is clear right now even though I have a million things to think about. I could think about how I am so stupid for kissing Lucas. Josie would kill me if she finds out, no she will find out. It will be in every tabloid. Maybe she was right, maybe James was a nice guy, maybe I should have never rejected Zach, I did like him most of high school. I am so stupid sometimes. What is it with me? I have such bad luck with guys? I guess I am just not good at falling in love.

I gazed out onto the lit up city and the waves crashing into the harbor. It was calming. I didn't realize how tired I was until I fell into a deep sleep. For a long time.

"Hello? Uh. Wake up." I heard a voice hovering over me. I gorging woke up.

"Josie I am sleeping." I mumbled.

"This isn't Josie, it's Lucas." He said. My eyes shot open. I was awake now.

"What?! Oh no! Oh No! No! No!" I started to panic. She is probably worried sick. I slept on the roof ALL NIGHT!!

"Calm down. You are safe. It's okay." He said sitting next to me. I jumped up and started pacing.

"I have to go! Go now!" I said walking back and forth. He had a smirk.

"You are making my sanctuary not sanctuarily like." He chuckled.

"Ugh sorry." I groaned still pacing, just one more thing to add to my mind.

"Come on well now that I am here, I don't have to call to chat. We can chat now." He said.

"Ugh no Josie is going to kill me!" I said still nervous.

"Well didn't you come up here expecting to see me?" He said confused.

"No, not really. I just, it was all so much. My shoes broke and I couldn't focus on the play the cameras and the restaurant that was really this place and I was barefoot turns out I was tired I lied to Josie I don't need medicine and my stomach is fine and this whole trip is awful but it really isn't that bad I like it here and all of these guys I am just so weird no one likes me I just I. Ugh I am sorry." I said rambling. He pulled me into a hug and I broke down....again.

"It's okay, I am sure I didn't help." He sighed.

"No you are most of it." I mumbled.
He laughed and kissed me. It was a quick kiss I bet he wasn't expecting it either.

"I am sorry, I really like you. I was stupid before, when I was rather rude." He said and hugged me tight. I smiled and hugged him too.

"That makes things a lot easier. You're still a but head for doing that to me." I admitted smiling in his arms.