Chapter 22

I got little sleep last night, to be honest I just want Lucas gone. He gets inside my brain and I can't deal.

I don't even know if I should tell Dominick about it, whenever I mention his names he acts so different and weird.

I guess he's still coming over today, I guess I'll wing it and see what happens. I am in such a good spot with Dominick and I don't want anything to change.

Me: hey Josie, are you still working at that other place?

Jos: well I really want to come back to the diner 😆

Me: spots already open 😘

Jos: you're the best, see you later.

I put my phone down. I was in bed all day so my hair was stringy and tangled and my pajamas were wrinkled. I knew my mama had laid out some coffee on the Kitchen counter so I grabbed the mug and went outside to see my horses
It was sort of a could autumn morning so I wrapped a blanket around me and stroked Jasmine.

"I brought you a treat." I said revealing the sugar cubes in the palms of my hands.

I felt her lips tickle my hands as she nibbled away. Piper got excited and started neighing.

"Hush girl, I'm coming for you next." I giggled.

"Hey! You grew up gorgeous Sam." Zach said hanging up a saddle.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I said pushing my tangled hair behind my ear.

"Josie said you'd be here, I haven't seen you in so long. You look so different." He said examining me.

"Oh I just woke up." I said embarrassed.

"It's noon?" He said confused.

"I have been getting up at around 5:30 every day, it finally caught up with me." I sighed.

"Well that stinks, so how have you been. The last time I called you you were in New York." he chuckled.

"Yea, haha. Well my life has been sort of crazy ever since. Once things start to slow done it picks back up again." I sighed

"Awe, well I hope it gets better for you. Maybe we can go riding later? I have to meet my girlfriend now so I'll see you around?" Zach smiled.

"Yea, sounds great." I said and waved him goodbye.

I walked back inside and made sure my horses were fine and when I was back inside I just relaxed on my couch and watched TV. After about and hour of that I took a shower and got dressed.

Me: hey Lucas are you still coming over?

Lucas: yea sure, I'll come now if you want

Me: whatever's good for you?

Lucas: Yep be there in five then

I really the text and waited for Lucas to come over. I hate how him and Dominick don't get along, I used to think that was a good thing because Lucas did such a horrible thing, but it's time to forgive him. I'll still never forget what he did and his intentions, but I think it's sorta cool how he came all the way back. Might as well clear the air while he is here.

And that is pretty much what happened, I was walking Lucas out to his car from a normal visit. We pretty much ate food and watched TV, he didn't really bring up anything that was bothering him or anything it seemed like he was sort of bottled up. I'll let him deal with his things his own way.

"Thanks again, for letting me see you Samantha." He smiled.

"Yea no prob, just tell the paparazzi to leave me alone! And tell your folks your OK." I said looking at the flashes behind the bushes.

"I'll try they don't really listen even though it's sort of they're job." He laughed.

"I've always like your smile." I thought out loud. Shit.

"Samantha, I'm going to pretend I did not hear that. As much as that makes me go crazy happy, I'm going to wait for you." He said and rolled up his car window.

"Thank you." I mouthed as he drove off.

"Hey babe! Bought a new football today, who was that that just drove off?" Dominick said with a football and a sandwich in his hand.

"It was no one. Come on! I'll play catch with you!" I said grabbing the football. (Yep I love playing catch with footballs and pretending to run for touchdowns)

"Really?" He chuckled.

"Really! Now go long!" I said winding up ready to take on the quaterback roll.

"And she's deciding to take it! Past the defender for fifteen yards! She sees Dominick wide open at the 50! And it's gooooood!!" I narrated the play by play as he caught it.

"Your such a tomboy!" Dominick rolled his eyes.

"Shut up! What do you want me to do go paint my nails?" I said showing him my dark purple fingers with a cocky smirk.

"Your the worst!" He groaned

"You're the worstest!" I joked.

I hugged his torso and we went inside.