0️⃣1️⃣6️⃣

Start from the beginning

-

"Hey, did you stop by my house?" Taehyung nodded, "Oh, yeah. I did." He got up to return the house keys to the owner.

"Strange, I'm pretty sure I put them here before Chief called me." He examined the coffee table.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, "You mean- there?" He pointed to the cupboard at the entrance where the set was lying soundly. Taehyung scratched the back of his head, "I could've sworn that they were on my desk." He shrugged, "Oh, well."

Jungkook shook his head with a smile, "I'll head home." His friend threw him a peace sign.

Exiting the Headquarters building, Jungkook felt his phone buzz.

Looking at the caller, he smiled.

"Jungkook, can I sleepover at yours?" Chloe's irritated voice rang.

He nodded, although she couldn't see him, "Sure, baby. I'll pick you up."

"Thanks."

As Jungkook pulled over, Chloe plopped at the passenger seat.

"What's with the long face, baby?" Chloe sighed, "I got suspended."

"What? For the files?" Chloe leaned her head to the window and nodded, "Ugh, why is this happening to me?"

Jungkook reached for her hand, caressing and interlocking their fingers, "Everything will be figured out. Eventually."

Chloe nodded and looked forward to the road.

After a quarter an hour, the couple arrived at Jungkook's place.

"Do you want a drink? I have your favorite." Jungkook back hugged his girlfriend and whispered in her ear. She chuckled and nodded, "Sure, that sounds good." He kissed her cheek and went off to get the drink.

"Here." He handed her the beverage.

"I'll go take a quick shower, you can feel yourself at home." Chloe nodded, "Okay."

She turned the TV on and looked through a few channels. Tapping the red button, she turned it back off when there wasn't anything that caught her attention.

Chloe got up and started to go through the halls. Turning by the corner, she saw three doors. Pushing the nearest one, it turned out to be Jungkook's office. She let herself in.

Plopping on his chair, she spun herself on it a few times, stopping when she felt slightly dizzy.

The girl tried to turn the computer on, but it demanded a password. Her frowns soon formed into a grin when she saw that the lock screen photo of the PC was her and Jungkook on their first date.

Looking through random stuff on the table, she noticed way too familiar files. Grabbing them, she opened for the papers to fall out.

The girl felt like her heart started to beat a hundred times per second.

"No." She quietly muttered and looked into the files further.

They were there.

All her lost files were there.

Right then, Jungkook opened the door and went in with only a jogger, hair still wet.

He slightly turned his head to the side, keeping his eyes on Chloe, "Is everything alright?"

Chloe scoffed a smirk bitterly, "It was you."

"What?"

"You actually stole from me..." Chloe trailed off, holding the papers up in the air for him to see. After dodging eye contact for a few minutes, she finally faced him, "I trusted you with my whole self; with my work, the thing I value the most. Yet you stab my back?"