[LIAD] Chapter 25

[28] Haru's childish nature makes children feel at ease around him.

Hewo :3

No one's POV

Kankuro and Hiroshi were rushing towards the hospital since they almost forgot the meeting with Shion. They had only less than three minutes to not be late and not earn a cold hard glare form the female.

  "Ah, seriously! Why did it have to be after the semi finals!" Kankuro whined while running as fasts he could. He could imagine her pearl aqua eyes looking at him in a degrading manner and shivered.

  "And why the Hospital in the first place? Couldn't we have met in a barbeque restaurant or something that's much more convenient for us to go?" Hiroshi huffed before the two of them skidded to a stop and ran towards the entrance of the hospital where Gaara, Temari, Yua and Shion were waiting for the two.

  "Right on time. Now follow me." Shion plainly said before leading the small group inside.

She had a suspicion that Yua was from their world with how she was acting but she didn't question it since it probably would scare the girl. She was conscious of the fact that Yua was vigilant around her and she could blame her because she knew she could be deemed as aloof and cold at a first glance.

  "Speak."

That one word made Hiroshi stand straighter than a board and glanced at Kankuro who raised his arms and shook his head as if saying 'You're on your own here.'

Temari just rolled her eyes and calmed the slightly trembling Yua behind her who was beside an uninterested Gaara. "Don't worry she's not referring to you." She whispered before pointing at Hiroshi who was speaking, trying to calm down the other girl's rampaging thoughts.

  "Well, her name is--"

  "I know her name. I don't care about her age or any superficial information. Tell me her capabilities and why she's with you here."

In others' viewpoint, Shion's face was void of emotions. Her calculative stare stayed on the new addition without wavering as her older brother talked.

Yua gulped and looked down while fumbling with her hands. She knew she didn't deserve coming with them and join the Chunin Exams but Gaara insisted for her to come and participate.

  'I knew it. I'm being a burden again. I shouldn't have come here. I'm interrupting everything...' She thought her eyes slightly becoming glassy before blinking them fast.

  "... and she's more than capable of joining the plan, Shion. Yua's reliable and hard working." She raised her head and gazed at Hiroshi in surprise, shocked that someone was actually praising her. The younger Myoui side glanced at said him for a second before sighing and placed a hand on her nape while having an almost tired expression.

  "I don't get paid enough for this..." She mumbled before walking towards Yua. Temari walked away from her position to let the two girls have their space.

  "I don't actually care what he said about you. And I can see some potential in you being a strong kunoichi. The plan that we're talking about can leave you undoubtedly injured severely if you're not careful with your every single move." She informed with a hard stare.

The four jolted and looked at other and then at the girl who had her mouth sightly agape.

  "I will be blunt about everything and order you around. I will not accept imperfections no matter how small it is. If you join, I am not going to be an easy person to deal with. A single mistake and you're out. Are you willing to join?" Shion asked as she crossed her arms and stared down at the girl.