[LIAD] Chapter 12

[11] Shion is the youngest of all the main characters in Naruto. She is born three days after Hinata.

Yo, we surpassed one thousand reads and one hundred votes, you guys! Thank you so much! *waterfall tears*

No one's POV

As Uchiha continued to succeed climbing the trees, Naruto, who was observing him every three seconds, literally, was tensed and continued to fall down and not improve despite the fact that Kakashi 'encouraged' him.

"Sasuke-kun!" The pink haired kunoichi, also knows as a professional stalker of the called boy, happily made her way towards them.

The Uchiha grunted in response, still practicing to climb the tree, not like a koala, but walking vertically on its trunk.

"Kakashi-sensei said that he needed to say something to you" She informed the Uchiha. She was quite happy that her sensei agreed to make them both guard Tazuna while building the bridge since Sasuke was improving very fast. Meanwhile Naruto...

"Erm, Shion-chan?" The hyperactive pikachu walked towards the sitting -on a tree branch- girl with a bored expression plastered on her face, shyly. He didn't know how to approach said girl since he didn't want to appear weak to his rival's eyes by asking tips or help.

"What?" The girl responded with a question while jumping down and facing the unusually shy blonde genin.

"I was wondering if you could give me tips how to do the tree walking since you're very good at doing it, dattebayo" He sheepishly grinned after that, rubbing the back of his head. It was a little embarrassing for him to ask this since he always boasted to everyone that he can do everything every time.

The pink ombre haired girl tilted her head slightly while pursing her lips subconsciously. Then, she trudged pass the blonde knucklehead towards the tree. "Hurry up, we have to return to the house soon"

He grinned big and ran a little to catch up with Shion.

"There are two problems as to why you don't get to scale the tree fast like Sasuke. One:" She put a finger up to gesture it "the chakra at the soil of your feet is less than you should be putting. Two: your thinking to beat Sasuke hadn't left your head hence obscuring your mind to your true goal." Shion scolded Naruto while keeping a collected demeanor with a strict, yet calm tone.

The blonde nodded firmly, concentrating his all to his sensei -for this moment- like a soldier in training.

"What you have to do is to clear your mind and concentrate only to climbing the tree. Go" And that was what the blonde did. He took deep breaths before molding chakra under his feet and calmly taking steps. What he didn't expected was the upcoming words from his teammate who spoke all of a sudden.

"You and Sasuke are secretly dating"

This immensely shocked the knucklehead making him fall face first after a few steps. The scene of him face planting on the ground amused the almost-always bored girl very much.

"What!? No we're not! What was that about, 'ttebayo!" Naruto shreeked out withe wide eyes and pale face.

"Distraction, you don't have to give in to distractions, Uzumaki" Shion stated seriously with a hard look on her face which scared Naruto a bit. She never called him with his last name after he gave her the permission to call him by his given name.

This only reason was enough for the soon-to-be Hokage to realize that she was serious.

"Hai, let me try again! I'm sure I'm gonna succeed this time!" Naruto beamed, determination was the only emotion his eyes were carrying. He face the tree and started the training again.