HOAX

Chapter 33
Hoax

My head feels like it's about to explode, I tried to open my eyes but it seems like everything around me is spinning.

"Oh my-- my head." I mumbled and touch my head, the sunlight trickles my skin and the soft bed I'm laying at right now is too comfy but my head is not cooperating.

I took my time relaxing myself before I finally open it, the white ceiling of the room met my eyes. "That's a horrible dream." I muttered and cover my face with both of my hands.

"It's not a dream." I startle as I heard that voice.

I push away my hand from my face and search for the man who owns that voice, and then there I saw him leaning at the wall of the room beside the terrace door.

"W-- what?" I stammered and then I look around, everything around me is not familiar, where am I? "Where am I? Where did you take me?"

He sighed and walk towards the bed I'm lying at right now, I noticed that I still wear the gown from last night but I'm cleaned, the blood on my chest is gone but there's still stains on the gown.

The bed dipped because of his weight. "You're at my place, don't worry you're safe, no one's going to hurt you here, just you and me." He said, I'm facing his back, his head down and he just looked like a boy bullied by a fat bad chum.

"Last n--night, i-- it's not real, r-- right?" I stuttered, I'm still believing that all that happened last night was just a sick nightmare.

He shook his head. "It was real, he sacrifies himself just because of that evidence, it's all for you, Camilla." His voice is full of sadness, why?

"I-- I didn't want t- that to happen." I told him, I feel like there's a dozen knife that stabs my heart multiple times. "I didn't want him to do that for me." I stared up at the ceiling.

It's like history repeat itself, Jerry died and they blamed me because of what happened, and now Grey is gone, will Hunt and every witness will put me at fault?

I don't want that to happen again, I just want to take back what's mine but why does everything feel so suffocating?

"I know... it's his choice, I already warned him what will happen if he did that, he's evident to take the chance while the price is just in front of his eyes." He said and glance me giving a tight smile but his eyes are red.

"What do you mean?" I asked in whisper.

"He wants you to take back what's yours." He straightened his leg and pick something from inside his right pocket. "Now you get it, you can be the queen again." He uttered and hand me the thing that came from his pocket, looking at me with his lonely eyes.

A black flashdrive is what is in my hand now, this is what Grey gave me at the ball before he-- before he died. "Where is he?" I croacked, eyes are starting to get water, I sat up.

He shook his head. "I don't know, I left the ball with you last night, I never had the chance to go back to him, I promised him that I'll take care of you and I agreed to him... but now he's gone." He said with full of agony.

"Who is he to you?" I asked.

"He's my cousin, my partner in crime, he's just my cousin but he acts like my brother so I treated him like my brother too." He shook his head. "Now he's gone." He whispered, I saw a tear fell from his eyes but he immediately wiped it out with the back of his hand.

"Now I know." I uttered. "I thought you're gay." I added, I heard him chuckle.

"You really know how to change the atmosphere." He said while smiling but instantly turned sad.